Menus for Frugality

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It's cinnamon rolls this morning for the Wildbunch. The dough is rising now. Pretty quick to mix in the blender. I just use my regular bread recipe and add and egg to it. Roll it out. Spread butter, on the dough, pour sugar over it and cinnamon it heavily. Roll up, slice and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven. Bake until done, about 25 minutes, give or take a few minutes. I usually don't bother with a glaze. Much cheaper than the bakery.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh wow I'm so thrilled with the idea I'm making that too now. Never made my own. Which is silly, it's so easy!

My husband and daughter are about to be happily surprised. I don't ever have powdered sugar on hand so they don't get glaze either.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Good for you. It's not hard at all. You can make monkey bread easy too, just cut raw biscuits (or raw rolls) in fourths and roll in butter, sugar place in a round greased cake pan or bundt pan and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes give or take a few minutes.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well being a bible believing woman I told my family we were going to believe God for some deer meat last week and promptly forgot. Well my friend called this a.m. to tell me that her husband killed a deer and she didn't want the front shoulders and did I want it. I did and now I have 3 bags (about 11/2 pound a piece) and some bones for soup. It will make some good stew this winter. My husband reminded me about the prayer and my son was excited to see how God works. He's(God) not magic but He is faithful. "You have not because you ask not." James 4:2

Now that's going to be some frugal meat based meals!

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Since the hurricane I have been trying to cook bean soup with pasta at least once a week. I can’t believe how much canned beans and pasta I now have stock piled. I should probably think of something to do with the peanut butter. I have a feeling I will be eating it past the expiration date. I stopped going to the donation lines because of not having much room for more but it doesn’t matter because it gets delivered anyway 🤷‍♀️. Oh and the oatmeal. I have a feeling I won’t eat it fast enough too. Been making oatmeal cake sometimes.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Since the hurricane I have been trying to cook bean soup with pasta at least once a week. I can’t believe how much canned beans and pasta I now have stock piled. I should probably think of something to do with the peanut butter. I have a feeling I will be eating it past the expiration date. I stopped going to the donation lines because of not having much room for more but it doesn’t matter because it gets delivered anyway 🤷‍♀️. Oh and the oatmeal. I have a feeling I won’t eat it fast enough too. Been making oatmeal cake sometimes.
Peanut butter and Oatmeal excess? Add cocoa powder, butter, and vanilla for no bake cookies!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
if the peanut butter doesn't contain xylitol, you can keep Trouble busy by stuff bones or chews, or make biscuits for her. :)

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I know one thing for sure…. I won’t be running out of toilet paper this year. It took a while to run out of dog food but we finally did need to buy more. If I go to work on the bridge I think I will get a tiny crockpot to bring food to cook there. Gotta get it first.