Michele_Lynd a step at a time : what's up this week

mlynd

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
thanks:) I got some seed potatoes today can't wait to plant them

mlynd

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
well today was a wet and cold day, but the sugar-house was warm and smelled great...what am I talking about, I took my girls on a fun and free day at the maple syrup festival :drool near by and we had a blast I learn about taping maple trees and I got some stuff to tap my own trees;) I can't wait

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
You will love tapping your own trees! There's nothing like your own maple syrup- you (and your extended family ;) ) will never buy store crap syrup again.

mlynd

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well baby goats are doing good now and I've got some bread baking DH is getting the tiller fixed so I can get stuff started around here ;) and DH wants some pear trees planted but I'm not sure if I should put them near my apples last place we lived at had pears near apples and the pears kind of tasted like apples hmmm..... trying out my new feminine products I got :plbb so far so good :fl

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
valmom said:
You will love tapping your own trees! There's nothing like your own maple syrup- you (and your extended family ;) ) will never buy store crap syrup again.
The only maples I have right now are a couple of very small red maples. Don't think I'd have much luck tapping them! :lol:

mlynd

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
they have to be at least 10 in around and u can put one tap in it after that for every 8 in u can add another tap till u have4 taps that way u don't hurt the tree

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
RU has a huge Norway maple in her yard. I've tried to get her to tap that. From what I understand, you can still make syrup, it just wouldn't be as good.