Michele_Lynd a step at a time : what's up this week

mlynd

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Been a busy day it was nice out, DD #3 has a friend for the weekend and she is loving the baby goats, Worked outside building a new goat yard moved ,my chicken pens so we can till the garden. DH got me a little tiller two WOOHOO:ya for free he just had to clean it so that was a good score and I got a new van but DH says no chickens or goats in it LOL :gig That is what the truck is for he says .... but Honey it has a cargo space..... Well got supper on and got to go back out and finish the pen hope to have pic's up soon

mlynd

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The the weather is nice so we have been spring cleaning around here yesterday the front deck was cleaned off and the old tack room was clean up a bit now today is off to the storage to see what I can get rid of tired of all the clutter maybe have a yard sale if I can get it done :fl

mlynd

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well I have been real busy here, got some berry bushes and vines planted redid my strawberry bed, DH built me a chicken tractor out of scraps around here so cost nothing. but he will scrap the rest so that will be money in the jar way to recycle and reuse woohoo!! painted the trim around the house, Talked my dad in to setting up a rainwater barrels and he was saying now why didn't I think of that :old Boy sometimes u can teach a old dog new tricks :gig

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sure does sound like you were busy! I wish I could get some outside stuff done but it feels like its one thing after another.

mlynd

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
1673_043.jpg
redoing the strawberry bed

1673_030.jpg
DD1 and DD3 getting water for the plants

1673_022.jpg

DD4 "Look what I found Mom"

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
thats so cute. Your girls are right in the dirt with you. My girls had little intrest. But my son, well he's always wanting to plant. He gets a kick out of eating straight from the earth from what he planted.

mlynd

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
ya DS was the flower nut but he away right now serving in the Army and DD1 would so rather stay inside and do nothing but she can be prodded into doing her share, as for DD2,3,and 4 well they are right in the thick of it and there has been no thing those 3 have said they wont help with when it comes to gardening or canning or the critters but ask them to clean there rooms......:rolleyes:

mlynd

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
well got the potatoes planted and the garlic it is the first time for that so we will see how it goes Feeling a little down to today thinking I might have to find a 2nd job till DH finds something or unemployment gets there head out of u know what :(

mlynd

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
ok I'm now a hater of pigs my DH got us 2 pigs one for my DD2 to show and sell and the other for our freezer ....Hey OFG Wht in the Heck do i do with these things I no nothing about them but BACON!!!!

and the worm beds are doing ok so far will keep everyone posted with my results