Michigan

Avalon1984

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
How are my fellow Michiganders doing today? its Friday, which is nice. Looks to be beautiful outside from what I can see over my sad gray cubicle walls. Sold some chickens this week so I have time to move some of the younger ones from the brooders into the chicken houses. This weekend well have our hands full with fencing projects, chicken houses, horses, etc. Hoping the weather will stay nice but knowing Murphys law, it will likely get nasty around 5pm here until 8AM Monday. Oh well

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:frow :welcome

My DH passes by Davison twice a week! Once going to work, once coming home- He's working in Port Huron.

Leta

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
SSDreamin', you're in Parma! Get out! My stepson (when he isn't here, of course) lives on the old LeFere plantation.

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Leta said:
SSDreamin', you're in Parma! Get out! My stepson (when he isn't here, of course) lives on the old LeFere plantation.
I'm trying to get out, honest :lol:

That is so cool - That place is so interesting. Such a neat piece of history, right on the edge of town - would be awesome to live there!

Leta

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It is cool. There is huge windmill right behind their little rental cottage, which used to be a train depot. My stepson's stepdad (got that? LOL) has to travel for work, though. Ain't much to support a family in Parma, I'm afraid.

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
True. DH is out of town 5-7 days/week, to bring home the bacon. Honestly though, it would be (and has been) that way no matter where we live. Nature of the beast with his job (he builds bridges). The Parma area is great, the people are really friendly and the growing climate here is much better than where we are from. I do love it here, but I miss family, and they miss us, so we are headed home. I will miss it though.

Avalon1984

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thought Id check in again real quick. Have been so busy lately. Lost a horse over Thanksgiving due to a colic and been looking for replacements. Always something going on. How is life for everybody? Did you survive the holidays? I for once am happy that we basically had another month to catch up before the snow came. Even now its not too bad outside.

:frow