Microwaves, how evil are they?

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
:he I forgot it was called The Soviet Union when I was growing up and learned to call it that. :he Thanks for reminding me. :)

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I was wondering about the microwave too. Just yesterday I was heating up kitten formula as I was holding the tiny kitty and decided to step away from the microwave. I am now also wondering how it might affect his food. I might just try warming it up in some hot water for a while. These tiny kittens have a hard enough time adjusting to formula. No need to do something to it, that makes it less nutritious or worse yet, harmfull.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I read somewhere that you can put a jar of yeast by your mic, and 24 hours later, if its changed, the leaks are supposedly dangerous, and that you should get a new mic? Lol.

When I was little I would stand at the microwave and watch the foodgo around. It also gave off a nice warm air flow. (I know, right?)

We still have the same microwave and its about 25 years old.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
According to what I have read, it can change the shape of protein molecules. Not sure what it does to other nutrients.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I know medicinal teas shouldn't be heated in the mic for that very reason. The leave's (or roots, etc) molecules change and the tea won't be as effective.

I admit to using the microwave a bit, to heat up leftovers.

What is "The Fly", a movie?

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
I know medicinal teas shouldn't be heated in the mic for that very reason. The leave's (or roots, etc) molecules change and the tea won't be as effective.

I admit to using the microwave a bit, to heat up leftovers.

What is "The Fly", a movie?
Yes "The Fly" is a movie with Gena Davis and Jeff Goldbloom. It is a remake of the original "The Fly" a campy, black and white, sci-fi from the 1960s or so.

That is all I'm saying..it is fun to watch! Watch the remake, it is pretty creepy.

If it changes the molecules in tea, that doesn't sound good for any type of food!