Missed the boat by not having livestock section....

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I think that kind of section would cause a lot of dissention and the mods would go crazy!!! I would love a hunting section also, as that is the only meat we really eat (other than the stray chicken or two). Come from a long line of bowhunters and my boys are excellent bowhunters as well. I just don't think most of these, er, less rough and ready folk are used to hearing about Bambi hangin' from a tree! :lol:

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I think that kind of section would cause a lot of dissention and the mods would go crazy!!! I would love a hunting section also, as that is the only meat we really eat (other than the stray chicken or two). Come from a long line of bowhunters and my boys are excellent bowhunters as well. I just don't think most of these, er, less rough and ready folk are used to hearing about Bambi hangin' from a tree! :lol:
I understand where you are coming from, but i relly feel hunting is a big part of self sufficiency. just like the meat birds section on BYC, ppl can choose to go or not to go into that section.

IMO, ppl who join a site like this would understand that hunting is a part of self sufficiency, and respect that. i feel alot of positive discussion can be had in a section like this, and there are alot of issues that could be discussed, as in hunting techniques, butchering, etc. PPl would need to be aware that only ethincal practices should be discussed,, and that it is not a section where the practice of hunting is up for debate. Hunting is a way to provide for our families in a self sufficient manner. JMO, but I thought I would put a plug in. The "powers that be" would ultimately know whats best for this community.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
You plug it, I will second the motion! I, myself, get a little impatient....no, a lot impatient, at the politically correctness and the bleeding heart stuff but, then, I'm not in control here! :lol:

I agree that folks need to see wildlife as a source of food independence and it should be approached in a business-like and professional manner. We moved here 2 years ago and have not met one person who thinks poaching is wrong! Across the board, we have been encouraged to break the law in our hunting practices as it is so very common here. That gives all hunters a bad name.

Also, I have noticed that most of the folks I know don't know how to process deer well enough to avoid the so-called "wild taste", thus giving venison a bad name also. It would be nice to share proven techniques and help folks avail themselves of the free "government beef" out there!

yotetrapper

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Well Nifty, whatcha think? Hunting and needlecrafts sections?