Missed the boat by not having livestock section....

BrookValley

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I think that a hunting/fishing sub-forum would be very good to have here (after all, there is the meat birds section on BYC). My personal take, as a vegetarian, is if you can't stand the thought of Bambi swingin' from a tree, maybe you should stick to tofu and beans! :p Um, that's what we do. :lol: Those who don't want to check out that particular section can avoid it. Some people might not be comfortable with the idea of hunting, but I can't imagine any reasonable person interested in self-sufficiency would be offended at the idea of the section being available to those who are.

I also agree with a sewing/spinning/etc., sub-forum. For now I suppose it would fit in the homemade section, but I see so much interest in this over at BYC, I bet once this forum gets busy there will be enough interest here for that to take on a life (sub-forum!) of its own.

As for Livestock...I do really think that there could be separate forums for each individual type of animal. And for chickens, there could just be a link back to BYC. Oh, I forgot--Nifty has the backyard cows site up, too! I think it would be nice/easy to just have a sub-forum title for cattle and chickens and only have a link to those respective Backyard sites, no posts? The livestock sub-forum over there at BYC is great in that you can ask a question and there's sure to be someone there to answer it, but I bet a much more robust forum for Livestock would be popular over here.

I'm sure that there are going to be plenty of changes to the sub-forums as the site grows. I imagine Nifty hasn't set any of these sections in stone, and I bet it's just going to take opinions and a general feel of how the site is going to go once traffic picks up.

chickenboy8

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I vote for a hunting/fishing section and a livestock section.

chickenboy8

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hey, ticks

We joined the day before me and I only have 2 post and you have 69, lol. :lol:

Edited - Can't type

Latest posts