Molly's kidding thread~Buckley improved~just waitin' on a normal poo

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Got more milk tonight too. I'm not getting a ton each time, but my goats are minis. I've saved about a quart of strained so far.

Buckley was quite hungry tonight, I think he is on the mend. He got into the grain! I was so surprised, I had not seen them eat it. We had him on the floor where we were milking Ginger and my son noticed he was eating it! I hope it doesn't upset his digeston. I'm leaving him inside again tonight mostly so I can monitor him and keep him warm.....and waitin' on that normal poo still.

But today was a big success. We had to drag Molly onto the stanchion again tonight, but after we were done, she jumped back up by herself and put her head in the stanchion. Goats! :he

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:lol: Did you want to smack her? Oh my. It's a good thing they are cute!

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:clap

I'm happy to hear the disbudding went so well! I'd love to see those pics - if you don't post them, can you email them to me?

My doelings haven't gotten big nubs yet, but I think this weekend I'll takle their disbudding. I can just barely feel their horn buds but definitely don't want to wait too long.

I'm also glad to hear Buckley's doing better. Don't thank us - all we did was give suggestions. You just put your own knowledge in that pot and stewed it around until you got what you liked! You deserve a big :hugs for all the work you've done!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Well if you saw how much milk I got in my milking room on the walls, the floor and all over the stanchion you would laugh.

I don't have a big barn at all or any outdoor shed large enough to milk in. So we have a ramp going into our back door and our utility room. That is where my stanchion lives....inside the house. There is a bathroom in there too so there is a sink with hot water. I want to get a mini fridge too.

I love that we chose to make this the milking room. The ramp can be a pain like when I slip on it, but it enables the goats to walk into the house. Donald has taken to hovering in the stoop, hoping he can get inside and get some grain too. It is funny to open the back door and see a goat standing there though.

Buckley is acting starved this morning, sucking on my chin and bouncing around. I think he will be ready to go outside again in just a few hours.

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Don't rush it. Put him outside when he poops normally, even if he's just acting normal now. It's sorta like when you stop taking the antibiotics even if you have more to take just because you feel better - it's gonna whack you in the end, so take your time and enjoy this bouncing baby in your house!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Well heavy snow is falling right now. I think I will keep him in for the day at least. Thanks for the advice glenolam, you are right I put him back out too fast last time. I should learn from my mistakes better.

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That's what I'm here for....to be an instigator!

Now go love up on that baby since I'm mean and make mine stay outside 24/7!

PS - KEEP THAT STUPID SNOW! I do not want it here, hear me?

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Ginger is really mad. She thinks I caused this snow and KNOWS I have her baby. I swear every time I look out the window, she is looking inside at me with a mad expression. I have a window seat in this window and often sit there and feed him his bottle. Last night I had to move though because he was being noisy and she could hear him and started yelling in the middle of the night! I was afraid it would wake everyone up. Today every time I look out I get a dirty look.

I truly believe she was yelling at me to leave her baby the heck alone and to bring him back out RIGHT NOW.

She saw him yesterday when I was milking her. He tried to suck on her chin! He had already had his bottle so Hubby let him suck on her empty udder. It make milk shoot out the other side! I don't think he got anything though and I was mad at Hubby but he says I'm mean not letting him nurse. I told him if he gets scours again from a few sucks then HE will bottle feed him tonight.
Buckley has gotten much more noisy, active and demanding since yesterday. I think he really improved with the new scour medication with antibiotics that O gave me. She was right!

Latest posts