Moolie - Happy Thanksgiving :)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I need to sell some books, and "stuff" I thought I would get around to trying out..didn't happen, probably won't happen.

Moolie my "kids" making messes are grown folks and they don't leave!!! :(

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Moolie, are you sure that wasn't me in my truck? Right now, it's packed to the gills-except where I sit. I cleaned out a bunch of stuff from the farm that I want to sell, but haven't had a chance (nor a place to put it) to get it out. :hide

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Snowing like crazy out there today, we got about 4" overnight and it hasn't stopped since just after dinnertime last night. Glad I don't have to go out in it because when it gets like this it takes everyone twice and three times as long to get anywhere on the roads. They only plough the main roads here (bus routes) so I'm also not looking forward to driving in "mashed potatoes" and then all this snow getting packed down into sheer ice on my street over the next few weeks :rolleyes:

My seeds came yesterday! :weee

Didn't buy too many this year because I have lots saved from the past few years. I ordered:

-Pollock Medium Tomato
(a super early from Northern BC--trying something new that should thrive in my climate!)
-Nantes Carrot
-Marketmore Cuke
-Hollow Crown Parsnip
-Long Island Brussels Sprout
(haven't grown Brouts for about 7 years)
-and our very favourite Valmaine Lettuce
(which we couldn't get last year, regular Romaine just doesn't perform the same)

We've saved seeds from several varieties of tomatoes, peas and beans and still have various half/partial packets of other things from the past few years. So the garden plan is coming together, just trying to decide if we can swing putting in another raised bed or two :)

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Glad we haven't gotten much snow here. We've had times when our road is a sheet of ice as well, so I know what you're dealing with.

IW

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
We didn't get snow but the wind is gusting up to 70mph and the temp. is right at freezing. :th Days like this I feed the horses warm beet pulp and feed the chickens scraps with more protein to keep their bellies warm.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well we ended up with almost a foot of snow before it was all over on Thursday night, but then yesterday and today were just gorgeous sunny blue sky days (albeit -19C/-2F) so at least it looks pretty now :)

Got lots accomplished indoors during the cold: baked two batches of bread, made two cinnamon applesauce loaves and a batch of muffins for the freezer for school lunches, organized the freezer and got my meal planning done for the next couple of weeks. Also vacuumed and organized my spice cupboard.

I think tomorrow is supposed to be a bit warmer, which will be nice for getting to and from church.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I don't think I even want to tell you how warm it was here today. You might get mad. :lol:

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
It's 70 degrees here right NOW at 8 oclock!!!! :th