MorelCabins Quilts...Entered McCalls Contest!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Those quilts are quite pretty. I once made a quilt for a little boy and put pockets on it, so he could put his toys in the pockets. He loved it.
I've been working on about three quilts simultaneously for the last ten years...

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
Those quilts are quite pretty. I once made a quilt for a little boy and put pockets on it, so he could put his toys in the pockets. He loved it.
I've been working on about three quilts simultaneously for the last ten years...
The pockets are anawesome idea for a little boy! We all know how they love to put everything in pockets!

I have really had to work hard to keep my hands busy this fall so my mind wouldn't land me in a mental ward somewhere...so I started making one quilt after another starting this October. I have made 6 so far since October. Yup, I really am turning into a crazy old woman..

prairiegirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
WOW! You are quite a talented quilter. I just love the rustic look, too. What a lucky family to have such warm quilts made with much love.

Thanks for sharing.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Morel,

Those are beautiful!!

I love quilts, but I don't take the time to make them. My Aunt is an excellent quilter. She is 88 years old. We have several that she has made and a few were wedding gifts.

Your family should appreciate those now and many years to come.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
My MIL is the real quilter...she makes the most time consuming, beautiful quilts I have ever seen. She has made one for each of her kids...and then made one especially for me. She has no idea how honoured I was that she did that for me. I will post a pic of the one she made me soon...but tonite I am busy enjoying my DD:>)

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Now I have quilt talent envy. I have always wanted to make a quilt. But it seems like such a large project for me to tackle. Maybe one day. At least now I know if I ever make one I am going to tackle that rag quilt. They are all wonderful but that rag quilt really caught my eye. Maybe because I have never seen one before.

Great work - and keep quilting. You are to talented to be in a mental ward. LOL

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Those are some nice quilts.

My wife has made a few. Maybe if I remember and can find some photos I will post them. They are the simple squares but the kids like them.