MorelCabins Quilts...Entered McCalls Contest!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
My Latest quilt, a gift for my parents. I am not near finished this yet, but it is coming along nicely :>) The quilt is sort of a family blessing. My dad is a singer/songwriter/preacher...and this is based around a song he sang often when we were young. He did not write this particular song though:>)

11uxjtj.jpg

2safme8.jpg

4ilabl.jpg

2w3dlhe.jpg

nvqqhc.jpg

journey11

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Great job on your quilts, MorelCabin! I love that Star of Wonder quilt too. Did you do the words on your Sparrow quilt with an embroidery machine or are they stenciled? It is beautiful, such soft colors. What a great gift for your dad!

I love the look of a quilt and have a few very old ones that my great-great-grandmother made (she made 100's of them in her lifetime and had many to pass down through the family). I have tried my hand at quilting...I made a pillowcase once! :p But I just can't seem to get the hang of it. I think maybe I am too particular and get frustrated with how long it takes me. I watch Fons and Porter everytime they come on PBS and get so inspired...and SO jealous! :lol:

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I have an embroidery machine...this is the first time I use the embroidery parts to a large extent...I was so nervous! It didn't end up 'perfect' but I'm sure my parents will forgive me:>)

I absolutely LOVE old quilts! I don't hand quilt though...it is way too time consuming:>)

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Beautiful! And you go girl! Using your embroidery machine on it! It looks great! My mom does not use her machine nearly enough and my friend Betty has NEVER used hers and she got it over a year ago!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Oh, Morel....that is one of my favorite gospel songs!! The quilt is lovely!!! Man, I wish I lived closer to you and could help you work on your quilts...just watching you do these things would be like watching someone sculpt or paint.

BTW, the boy you did the snowmobiling quilt for...is he doing okay now?

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Morel that is work art. God has blessed you with a gift. Congratulations its wonderful, your parents will love it.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Thanks ya'll! I beleive God did see to bless me with this gift and I can only pray I use it the way he wants me to.
Bee, Fred is doing wonderfully! He was supposed to have metal in him for the rest of his life (the bar in his back would surely have affected his mobility) BUT somehow he managed to make a COMPLETE recovery and is back to work at the diamond drills! I am absolutely thrilled for him!
And I wish you were here to help as well, with those photography and decorating skills you have we could work well together!

Old Sew'n'Sew

All Strings Considered
Reaction score
:clap Thats beautiful! I love quilt shows.

I like to see all the different quilting styles.
I also love to quilt. I was trained to make clothing but as was mentioned before, I can get lots of nice stuff at thrift shops a lot cheaper.

I get my sewing fix by making quilts. I have tried to interest my friends in a quilting bee but no interest, everybody too busy. It's nice to see someone with a passion for quilting. Just as you do, MC, I find it theraputic.

I haven't figured out how to post pictures yet, but I will try here soon if I can post some of my quilts too.

This thread can be a quilt show!:lol: Anybody else have quilts.

Great job!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I would love to see your quilts! Post them here!
Here's how...
Go to tinypic.com

Upload your phtos with the choose you file button. Then resize to email size There's a tab right on the upload page at the site, you'll see it under the 'resize' tab.
Then when the pic uploads copy the script in the 'for message boards' tab.
Bring it over and past that script into here...and voila a pic will show up when you submit your post!