MorelCabins Quilts...Entered McCalls Contest!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Beautiful quilts!! :clap

Maybe this will prod me into doing some more quilting this winter. ;) :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
Thanks ya'll! I beleive God did see to bless me with this gift and I can only pray I use it the way he wants me to.
Bee, Fred is doing wonderfully! He was supposed to have metal in him for the rest of his life (the bar in his back would surely have affected his mobility) BUT somehow he managed to make a COMPLETE recovery and is back to work at the diamond drills! I am absolutely thrilled for him!
And I wish you were here to help as well, with those photography and decorating skills you have we could work well together!
God surely dished out the blessings to you, girl! I'm glad Fred is doing well....maybe it was your lovely quilt covering him with blessings that worked such a recovery? You never know! :)

We have a few older ladies that quilt lap throws for our hospice patients and they pray over them as they sew them. I always feel I am carrying a blessing to their home when I deliver them.

We also have a 93 yr. old lady that makes many, many quilted lap throws with the tiniest stitches, all hand stitched, and the materials she chooses are fantastic together. She won't take money for them....she makes them to give away. I've never met her but I can't wait to hug her in Heaven....I think I'll have to stand in line to do it! :lol:

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Oh Bee, I sincerely prayed for him with almost every stitch I put in his quilt, for full healing, and it did happen! I am still in awe that all the hardware (that he was supposed to have in there for the rest of his life) was removed and he is really good as new!
I am sure that the old woman you know has blessed many many people...when I get to heaven I would love to meet her as well!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Doing my grandaughters face for a quilt I'm making. THis has been my ultimate quilt making goal...to be able to do people's faces, and portray them in fabric!

160ejr4.jpg

6jjzu0.jpg

o9hc3r.jpg

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Wow!! Even though she is blond, I'd use "artistic license" and darken up her lashes and brows a bit to make those gorgeous eyes stand out a bit more. That is so cool. How'd you do it? Did you use the computer to make a pattern? How???

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Free, it is so awesome that you posted that advice...I was wondering what I was going to do about the brows and lashes! Thanks! I'm going to try that!
I actually draw the pictures right off my computer screen, using it as a light box of sorts. Supposedly not so great for the screen, but ah, I've been doing it a long time:>)