Morel's Country Cottage Wow! What a weekend! Fires, chemical spills

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I think you did the right thing. it is your house and your rules. They should recognize that some things never change. I wish I had the evergy to tell you about my kids, and about me. Suffice to say, Sometimes you have to stick to your guns, they will respect you more and appreciate it more in the long run.
One day they will understand, they really will, but you know that dont you lol.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Morel, I just love kids. LOL - My daughter is 28 now and realizes I am not completely and totally off the mark. We went through about 13 years (it started at 15) of some major crisis times. They do grow up and become adults. It just takes some longer than others. Even when she hated me and thought I was horrible, I was the one who she wanted in the delivery room holding her hand with her first child and she has already told me to plan on being there for this one.
So just stick to your principles and she will come around. They do love us, but they do get frustrated with us and don't know how to handle their frustrations. They think they are punishing us. All I can say is she really loves you. She just does not know how much yet.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Thanks for all the support everyone...the saga still continues, but I am trying hard not to think about it:>)

The last few days I have completely cleaned ( and cleaned out) the house...boy can a place ever feel alot bigger when all the junk is removed and it is simplified! I got rid of alot of stuff that was just hanging around collecting dust and cleaned from floor to rafters. I just have my sewing/craft room left to do...

We are expecting a huge winter storm tonite, so I got ready for a loss of hydro...always happens...around here all the wind has to do is change direction and we lose hydro for at least a day:>) I love snowstorms though...actually I love any kind of storm...well except the really dangerous ones.

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
"don't let anyone fool you, Canadian means part French and part Indian, pretending to be British or English:>)"

Haha, that's funny... I'm Canadian too! ... except I actually AM English :D

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
Well, if you are moving into her guest house, I call dibs on your farmhouse! ROTFL!

Morel, my senior class trip was to Ontario Canada, and I thought it was beautiful! We even toured Casa Loma and a huge Catholic church...and a tower with glass panels in the floor that scared the poop right outta me! I am petrified of heights, and we went up in a glass elevator...I was so freaked out, and one of my classmates was trying to joke with me but in my state of paranoia I burst into tears. He felt bad, because he thought he had upset me.
LOL, CN tower... that's not too bad, the Eiffle Tower is MUCH worse, it's see through metal stairs, I walked down it when they closed to elevators one night when I was in Paris, and after a while the stairs just started fading into each other and I couldn't even see them anymore!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
lupinfarm said:
"don't let anyone fool you, Canadian means part French and part Indian, pretending to be British or English:>)"

Haha, that's funny... I'm Canadian too! ... except I actually AM English :D
LOL! Sure you are :lol: :lol: :lol: just kidding...I'll give you the benefit of the doubt:>)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wow gal you must be a whirlwind of activity doing all that decluttering and cleaning! Please come here next..LOL

hope you don't lose power, but if you do, I know you sure will be prepared! Go SS! :)

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
If we lived closer I'd be happy to go help you declutter and organize FC:>)
Wow we still have power...and alot of snow, with another 6 inches or so on the way. The school buses are cancelled though, so my son is happy he will be able to skidoo all day today. We have accumulated about two feet of snow so far in the past week, it just hasn't stopped, and this week is supposed to be the same...more snow. I think I am going to work on my website today...update some pictures and get the Christmas pages going. I decorated the house yesterday...log cabins make for a really pretty Christmas atmosphere:>)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
kinda snowbound aren't you? that is a nice feeling and then it can be an insane feeling...LOL---I know.

yes log cabins do have that country homey atmosphere for great decorating!

lucky kid, playing on the skidoo....I wish I could...LOL---I miss skiing, cross country skiing, sledding, etc. etc. but I don't miss all the problems with living in snow. catch 22 isn't it.

rainy and cold here. so doing inside stuff also. gotta make the run to feed the goats in a bit....lol....but other than that Tony can go feed all other critters. being sick going out in this is not good for me, so he will have to do all the work.....won't hurt him..HA HA

organize? what's that...HA HA----I swear I get everything cleaned and organized and within a week it is a shambles. How? I don't know.....but cleaning is easy right? it is keeping it that way is the hard part..LOL

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Finally got a picture of the bunkie so far...it still needs wood siding in the spring and ALOT of interior work WHERE IS BEEKISSED WHEN I NEED HER???? haha

5do6lz.jpg