Morel's Country Cottage Wow! What a weekend! Fires, chemical spills

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Da-da-da-da-da-da-DA!!!! Beekissed to the rescue!! Did I hear someone call my name??? :cool:

The pic was so big that I couldn't really see what it was of? My, 2dream's and Sam's love nest? Have you done interior decorating yet? Am I too late? :D

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Haha Bekissed, it is on hold till the spring now...boy are we getting alot of snow this year...unbelievable! And I love watching it fall! My husband went to go through the ditch today and it was up to his waist...yeehaw!
Gosh Christmas is coming fast...we haven't made our travelling plans yet...usually we go North but my kids are all over and I have no idea who will be coming home and who will not. Talked to my oldest son two days ago and he is currently living on the streets in Vancouver...he says it is aot warmer there than here though, thank goodness for that. I just keep trusting that God will somehow take care of him, he has so far and it has been a long haul with that boy...
My daughter still isn't talking to me...good gosh we wonder how it comes to this point sometimes but we keep on looking up...someday she will see that we are not her enimy and never were. I went shopping yesterday and bought her some real cute things for the baby she will have in April...looking forward to being grandma! It has to be easier than being mom:>)
I have very little left to stitch on the quilt I am working on for my neice...every one elses is finished, just have to be wrapped. Ah this snow is just beautiful right now!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
My daughter called! She's talking to me again! I am over the top happy!
Please pray for my oldest son. His name is Micah. All I want for Christmas is God to send someone his way that can really and truly help him. He needs an angel.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
he is in my prayers
an angel will find him....all good things do come!
:)
I know you are smiling big time Morel. I am so happy you are happy wtih your daughter's situation! :)

prairiegirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
...looking forward to being grandma! It has to be easier than being mom:>)
I have very little left to stitch on the quilt I am working on for my neice...every one elses is finished, just have to be wrapped. Ah this snow is just beautiful right now!
This is my first reply, but I just had to say that, YES, being a grandma is the greatest. Congratulations Grandma!

And, I wanted to ask.........do you have pictures of your quilts somewhere? I'd love to see them. I enjoy quilting, too. Just wish I had more time for it.

Oh, and I will say a prayer for your son.

And, just one more thing - I promise...........glad to hear your daughter called. What a wonderful early Christmas present.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Prayers going out right now for Micah's Angel....may he lead him home and to safety for Christmas and every other day of the year! :bow

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I posted my quilts under MorelCabin Quilts thread:>) Beekissed, and FC... thanks for your prayers:>) They really mean alot!
Today i spent painting a sign that someone called and asked me to do for her son for Christmas. I haven't painted in a coupe of years and I am VERY rusty...Ughhh...and I am my own worst critic. I am going to get through it though and get it done...no matter what I think of it...
My quilts (gifts) for everyone on my list are finished...that is one thing out of the way. I have two gifts left to buy and some stocking stuffers for my youngest son.
Ever notice that Christmas just isn't as exciting when your kids are all grown up...no more anticipation, no one to help you decorate the house and tree...no one to bake with, and make little crafts with. It just isn't the same. I was trying to put my finger on why I don't really get excited about Christmas like I used to, and that is it! At least I know that it isn't me...it's just that circumstances change..and children are the ones who truly bring all the fun into the season.
Ahhh almost empty nest...LOL...
| had the most wonderful time with my daughter. She ended up spending the night and staying for the whole day the next day. We coloured our hair and chatted, it was wonderful to have her. She will make such a great mom, just listening to her talk tells you that she already cares for this baby and is planning planning and planning...first thing she's ever planned in her life:>) This whole thing will be good for her:>)
We planned out the baby's room. We are painting it beige and over the crib we are going to writeout a "Now I lay me down to sleep" prayer in a beige shade that is only one shade darker than the wall colour but it will have a shimmer to it so it will look very elegant. It is going to be a lamb theme...so it will be ultimately all beige and white...and we'll add pink or blue accents later. And I am gong to start woking on a beige quilt with a white lamb in the center and stitch the same prayer as on the wall all around the outside edge. I may attemp crib bumpers to match. It will be a really fn project. She moves into her apartment Jan 2 so we have until April to get it all done:>) I am really enjoying this now:>)

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Sounds like you are having a great time with your daughter. I remember when this was your heart's desire and God gave it to you. God is so good.

I understand about the bland feeling for Christmas. Our only son is 18, so no more delight on Christmas morning. I've not gotten my tree up or anything. When he was little, I used to have 6-7 trees and lots of outside decor.

This year I'm looking more forward to just family time and the peace that this time of year brings. (and a big fat ham on Christmas morning :drool )

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Oh ya! The food hasn't changed! LOL! My family usually comes from all over for at least three days between Christmas and New Years, that is when it gets fun...and at the end of three days I am too TIRED to even think of going out for New Years!

Yes, God has definitely given me the desires of my heart concernng my daughter...he is truly wonderful! And he also got her a two bedroom townhouse for only $100/month...with a garage and everything! People are on waiting lists and usually wait for months for these things, and she was given one within two hours of applying. That was truly a miracle...and it is a beautiful place!