Morel's Country Cottage Wow! What a weekend! Fires, chemical spills

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
We always stay home for New Year's. Too dangerous with all the drinking and driving (not us) going on.

We nap early and get up around 10pm for snacks and ring in the New Year with Welch's Sparkling Grape Juice.

That's a great price on the townhouse. Around here, it would probably more like $300 per month.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Morel, the baby's room sounds simply elegant and lovely! You have such an artistic flair for things. If you ever needed a side line for extra income, interior decorating would be a shoo-in for you!

I am so very happy for you and your daughter. Maybe God is working in her life with this baby coming. Everything happens according to God's plan and it never ceases to amaze me when it all is revealed and that "OH!" moment goes off in my head. :p You know, the moment I held my first born in my arms I knew my life had changed completely and that I would never be the same person ever again. :)

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Morel, the baby's room sounds simply elegant and lovely! You have such an artistic flair for things. If you ever needed a side line for extra income, interior decorating would be a shoo-in for you!

I am so very happy for you and your daughter. Maybe God is working in her life with this baby coming. Everything happens according to God's plan and it never ceases to amaze me when it all is revealed and that "OH!" moment goes off in my head. :p You know, the moment I held my first born in my arms I knew my life had changed completely and that I would never be the same person ever again. :)
You know what she told me the other day...this coming from a kid who always said "You believe in God if you want Mom, but leave me out of it..." Anyway she told me that whne this baby is 2 years old she is going to start going to church..."because I don't know how to teach it about God, Mom...but someone has to because iit is important" I almost fell off my seat!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Praise God!!! See? All those little seeds planted....and you shall surely reap what you sow! I bet you had your heart in your throat. :) Those are the moments that make all the self-doubt and recriminations about what a mother should have, or shouldn't have done, worthwhile! :celebrate

In the end we can just do the best we can and hope God will say "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

Thanks for the uplifting story, Morel! :hugs

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Morel, I am so happy and excited for you and your daughter.

They will never know how we feel until their children are grown. But it is an amazing feeling when we come to realize that the things we tried to teach them actually took root.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Thanks everyone:>) I am thrilled that things are working out wel with my daughter:>) We went shopping yesterday, it's nice to have someone to do things with...oh, and guess what I found....the most amazing crib comforter/bumper set...and it is lambs...all in beige and white....with some blue too. I called DD to get her to come ans see it and we bought it:>)
Really crappy weather here today. school buses are cancelled and our road is pretty much impassible right now so I am stuck at home for at least today...maybe a few days.
My greenhouse collapsed this morning...I am really upset that m dh didn't think to clean the snow off it. He cleans the snow off of all of his sheds every time it snows...he has this bad habit of never taking much care with my things though...just his. Yes I am upset about that today:>) This isn't the first time that I have depended on him for something to do with me an found out that he only takes care of HIS stuff...it goes that way with my vehicles too...he's always putting parts into his toys...but when I need a part or something fixed it doesn't get done until I get good and mad...Okay I am complaining today and I shouldn't be, it will pass but right now I need to vent for a while before I think of all the ways he is WONDERFUL:>) LOL!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I just caught up on your journal.
Wonderful about your daughter.....I thought the same with Nicole. She must have church because I think everyone should have the decision to accept religion or not...but they must be shown the options.

If you see you can understand. That is just wonderful news about the baby's room and her new towhouse. That deal is unreal.

off I go to price dance lessons..LOL...you have a great day also Morel!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Oh Morel, I am crying while catching up on your journal. I am so happy that you are getting this time with your daughter. Definitely God's hand is there and I am so so happy for you!

And to find a crib set that is exactly what you were describing to be the baby's room! Amazing!

I am sorry that your greenhouse collapsed. I understand that would be upsetting, but just keep focusing on the amazing blessing God has given you in your daughter. The greenhouse will work out somehow, I am sure.

Husbands are after all just men and we know they weren't created faultless....they were the rough draft, remember? :gig

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
http://www.thecabinshop.com/197-217-a.html
This is a link to one quilt I really want to make...eventully when my new sewing machine comes in. This site has AMAZING quilt ideas

I am really happy that things are going better with my daughter:>) The greenhouse is a little blimp in my plans but not a huge deal I guess...it is just a 'thing' can be rebuilt or repaired...will think about that in the spring...even though I am really disappointed that it happened

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Well, big week starting soon! I have company coming of the 27th for a few days so that should be fun, gotta get baking for that. Now that the 'crisis' with my son is over I can concentrate on better things:>) Today is the start of getting the house rady and all the rooms cleaned spotless.
Come Jan I will have to work on refilling the pantry...but someone on here mentioned that in Jan all the canned goods go on sale...so that is a good thing! I read that March is supposed to be a replay of October in the financial world so I am going to get prepared a little better.
It is snowing like crazy here today and I have to get out there and do some work in my coop...gotta seperate the roosters from the laying hens...they are eating the eggs...bad boys. I have an estra pen in there but it is full of insulation that I was going to use to insulate the coop and never got to it with all the other projects we had going on this fall.
I need to figure out what to do about dark nesting boxes as well. Do far I have just a drawer in the corner that they have been laying in, but it isn't working out well. I will have to build something good in the spring. I put a 5 gallon pail in there a few days ago hoping they would use that but they are laying behind it instead...aghh
So I better get to it...
Merry Christmas everyone!!!!