Morel's Country Cottage Wow! What a weekend! Fires, chemical spills

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Morel, I am sorry that things are not going the way you would like.

Bee is right though, everything happens for a reason!

Best of luck with the sale of your property and I hope you find a lovley place to settle into where you will be more at peace :hugs

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
Well everyone, I have finally thrown in the towel on SS and decided to move to town. Long story short, I am tired, and desperately need a change. I will be doing what I can to eat healthy and grow a little garden in town but I am not heating by wood anymore, no more huge property and livestock to care for...I am done. After 12 years of realizing that we are really not getting anywhere anyway that we can't get in town...we've decided to sell this beautiful place and move.
My oldest sone has been pulling more fast ones and we are just stressed to the max...when you live on the lake you get wayyy too much company...ahhh, I just want out...backyard pool, freedom, and maybe a job...who knows.
The meat rabbit idea was a mistake for me...I bought 4 does and bred them all...had piles of baby bunnies within weeks...and discovered that I CANNOT kill those adorable little babies...no way! Haha...getting soft. So I gave away everything the other day
Anyone want to buy a SS log home in the country on a lake in Canada?? Just listed yesterday!

www.morelplace.piczo.com
WOW I hear you loud and clear. As much as the SS lifestyle is wonderful, getting older and having stress is no picnic at all.

I farm 120 acres with animals. I am pooped beyond pooped. I told Tony the first day we retire for good, every single animal is being sold. I will not be tied down in my retirement. I want to travel!

I know how you feel. It is very hard work and mostly a losing battle some days.

But you have so much SS stuff you can do "without doing it all" so you will be fine.

It sounds like a great change for you Morel. We all need that. New path to follow and I know you will find it wonderful!!! :)

best of luck and hope all moves fast and easy for you to get into your new home!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
MorelCabin said:
Well everyone, I have finally thrown in the towel on SS and decided to move to town. Long story short, I am tired, and desperately need a change. I will be doing what I can to eat healthy and grow a little garden in town but I am not heating by wood anymore, no more huge property and livestock to care for...I am done. After 12 years of realizing that we are really not getting anywhere anyway that we can't get in town...we've decided to sell this beautiful place and move.
My oldest sone has been pulling more fast ones and we are just stressed to the max...when you live on the lake you get wayyy too much company...ahhh, I just want out...backyard pool, freedom, and maybe a job...who knows.
The meat rabbit idea was a mistake for me...I bought 4 does and bred them all...had piles of baby bunnies within weeks...and discovered that I CANNOT kill those adorable little babies...no way! Haha...getting soft. So I gave away everything the other day
Anyone want to buy a SS log home in the country on a lake in Canada?? Just listed yesterday!

www.morelplace.piczo.com
WOW I hear you loud and clear. As much as the SS lifestyle is wonderful, getting older and having stress is no picnic at all.

I farm 120 acres with animals. I am pooped beyond pooped. I told Tony the first day we retire for good, every single animal is being sold. I will not be tied down in my retirement. I want to travel!

I know how you feel. It is very hard work and mostly a losing battle some days.

But you have so much SS stuff you can do "without doing it all" so you will be fine.

It sounds like a great change for you Morel. We all need that. New path to follow and I know you will find it wonderful!!! :)

best of luck and hope all moves fast and easy for you to get into your new home!
Yes, it gets old as you get old huh? I think as we get older we realize that no matter how prepared we are for the worst, something happens that takes away all the control you thought you had anyway and you worked it all up for nothing. I don't know, I'm just really feeling different these days...I think I'm coming up to 40 and kind of feel "entitled" in some ways lately or something...I don't know what it is...I just need a change!

By the way...I LOVE your avitar! RFLOL!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Does God really exist? ...thought many of you would like this one

A man went to a barbershop to have his hair cut and his beard trimmed.
As the barber began to work, they began to have a good conversation.
They talked about so many things and various subjects..
When they eventually touched on the subject of God, the barber said:

"I don't believe that God exists."

"Why do you say that?" asked the customer.

"Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn't exist.
Tell me, if God exists, would there be so many sick people?
Would there be abandoned children?
If God existed, there would be neither suffering nor pain.
I can't imagine a loving God who would allow all of these things."

The customer thought for a moment, but didn't respond because he didn't want to start an argument.
The barber finished his job and the customer left the shop.

Just after the customer left the barbershop, he saw a man in the street with long, stringy, dirty hair and an untrimmed beard.
He looked extreemly dirty and unkempt. The customer turned back and entered the barber shop again and he said to the barber:

"You know what? Barbers do not exist."

"How can you say that?" asked the surprised barber.

"I am here, and I am a barber. And I just worked on you!"
"No!" the customer exclaimed. "Barbers don't exist because if they did, there would be no people with dirty long hair and untrimmed beards, like that man outside."
"Ah, but barbers DO exist! That's what happens when people do not come to me."
"Exactly!" affirmed the customer. "That's the point! God, too, DOES exist!
That's what happens when people do not go to Him and don't look to Him for help. That's why there's so much pain and suffering in the world."

Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
Does God really exist? ...thought many of you would like this one

A man went to a barbershop to have his hair cut and his beard trimmed.
As the barber began to work, they began to have a good conversation.
They talked about so many things and various subjects..
When they eventually touched on the subject of God, the barber said:

"I don't believe that God exists."

"Why do you say that?" asked the customer.

"Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn't exist.
Tell me, if God exists, would there be so many sick people?
Would there be abandoned children?
If God existed, there would be neither suffering nor pain.
I can't imagine a loving God who would allow all of these things."

The customer thought for a moment, but didn't respond because he didn't want to start an argument.
The barber finished his job and the customer left the shop.

Just after the customer left the barbershop, he saw a man in the street with long, stringy, dirty hair and an untrimmed beard.
He looked extreemly dirty and unkempt. The customer turned back and entered the barber shop again and he said to the barber:

"You know what? Barbers do not exist."

"How can you say that?" asked the surprised barber.

"I am here, and I am a barber. And I just worked on you!"
"No!" the customer exclaimed. "Barbers don't exist because if they did, there would be no people with dirty long hair and untrimmed beards, like that man outside."
"Ah, but barbers DO exist! That's what happens when people do not come to me."
"Exactly!" affirmed the customer. "That's the point! God, too, DOES exist!
That's what happens when people do not go to Him and don't look to Him for help. That's why there's so much pain and suffering in the world."
Well I don't believe in a single deity. But I do believe in a soul and I think if people looked in to their souls the world would be a better place. To a lot of people that is God. I think your God lives in everyone. Some people just don't realize it and don't know who they are.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
As this response is coming from a Christian, that story is really not all that accurate. Sickness, disease, pain and suffering(and sin) happen even to the best of Christians. All this happened because, God in his infinite wisdom, gave us free will. He gave us the ability to make choices, because He wanted us to choose Him, as opposed to just following Him just because. Eve chose to take a bite from the apple, sealing our fate.

God exists--no doubt about it. Just look at the human body, and how intricate it is. Look at the trees, The seasons, look at ecosystems, -everything. How can all these beautiful creations come into existance because of a big bang?!! How did everything that is here on earth come to be so excruciatingly different, but all start from a rock?!! IMO, ludicrous!!! WE "evolved" from apes???!!! Why are creatures still not evolving then? God exists, no doubt about it in my mind. But not everyone is going to think like that, because, whether they like it or not, God gave themfree will too, to choose however they might. I do know that He is saddened by their choice.

Sorry to rant on your journal. I am probably opening a can of worms with this post. And I should probably delete this post but I won't. I even rarely ever read journals, but you started it. :plbb

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Nope, you're right...but God did promise us strength through all things...and it is amazing how big of a percentage of all that suffering you can avoid by knowing Him and following His will for your life ;)