Morel's Country Cottage Wow! What a weekend! Fires, chemical spills

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
6yciuq.jpg

Here it is updated a bit...still moving stuff around. I scored 6 BRAND new leatherlook chairs as a trade for my old wooden ones! The guy from the furniture store wanted them and he told me to go in and pick out whatever I wanted as trade! whoo-hoo!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I love the colors you have chosen! And I like the fact that your bar stools are nice and wide in the seat! :p When I come to visit, I will be more comfortable...... :D

What are you heating with, Morel? Will this house be hard to heat?

LOVE your kitchen cabinets! :)

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
its beautiful!! really - looks like a feature story in a magazine!!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Oh Bee, I would LOVE to have you come for a visit! Someday maybe you will...you just never know huh? And maybe I will visit you! I would love to see your farm! It looks so beautiful there!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Who knows? If the book would sell, who knows? :p I just saw a book "How To Clean Your House" in Lehman's catalog for $20!!! If that can sell, maybe mine could too? :D

All I need is a little outside cashflow to be able to get off the nursing track and on to the homesteading track, writing more books track and visiting fine friends track..... I could be just dreaming but so isn't everyone who aspires for something more, ya think?

I'm so excited for you in your new home! AND, since you have a big yard, maybe you could do some of that guerilla gardening?

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Bee,God gave us all gifts and if we use those gifts the way He intended our lives will be truly blessed. You write that book Bee! He gave you a talent for writing, don't let that talent go to waste. I want one of your books, signed and delivered personally :lol:

I just can't wait for spring to start gardening! The other day I bought an indoor lemon tree...ohhhh it smells heavenly in bloom!

Oh yes, I forgot to tell you...we are heating with gas for the first time in 15 years! Furnaces are noisey things...it really gets on my nerves! Every morning it is the first thing I hear! Wood heat is such a quiet and peaceful heat compared to central heating! Apparently these new houses are very easy to heat...I guess I'll soon find out!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I love the open floor plan of your kitchen. I take great pleasure in your enjoyment of your new home.

Anytime you want, you just come on down and pick up a few frizzle chicks :lol: Just watch out for momma, she is fiercely protective of her yungons :p

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Well, today is a sewing day...I have three quilts that need finishing and binding...and since the snow just keeps on coming, I guess I'll spend the next couple inside sewing.
It is boring here in town...although the neighbors are interesting to watch. I have two men across the street that stand in front of a garage and drink beer alot...another older man that I have really taken a liking to is up and shovelling every morning by 6 am! He does 5 driveways across the street. Never see any women around here though...seems that city women don't go out to play... :lol:
The other day I shovelled our driveway, and the neighbors. When he got home he wanted to know what I had for breakfast...neither one of us havew short drives, and ours also go up behind the house to each of our backyards. This morning he called to tell my husband that I didn't need to shovel today...he would do it this afternoon :p.
I have a surprise for him though...haha...I bought an ATV with a plow on it that is coming in this afternoon and I'm going to do our driveways anyway :lol:
I do like this neighbor next door...he and his g/f are fantastic.
Well, that's it from Morel's boring life for now...hopefully I'll have more to talk about in the spring...

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Well, one quilt finished...three to go before I can start another. Grrr I hate having to go back to unfinished projects.

This one is far from my best, but it is finally finished and on my sons bed!
307xgm9.jpg