MOVE!! What did you do to workout today?

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
I shoveled my 300' long drive of 14" thick snow. I worked on it all day at 30 min intervals. This was fresh snow from last night and today so it wasn't as heavy as it could have been. It was a great workout; I'll feel it tomorrow.
All the snowplows have been too busy to do driveways because they have parking lot contracts and the snow just kept coming. We may get 8" tonight and 6-8" tomorrow, so lucky me-I'll get to do it again if I want to go anywhere. :rolleyes:

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Dacjohns, I have not tried the wii workout. My daughter has it, but I prefer to be outside. :)

Sylvie, I don't envy you girl! I had that issue last year, long driveway and tons of snow. :th

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Outside is definitely better but when it's cold and you don't feel like going out it the Wii is pretty good. It stretches you, gets you breathing hard, and sweating.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
dacjohns said:
Outside is definitely better but when it's cold and you don't feel like going out it the Wii is pretty good. It stretches you, gets you breathing hard, and sweating.
So many folks have told me that! Cool!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I've been going to the gym lately but I have not been posting here for some reason. My workouts consist of the tred mill, 30# weight curls and the recumbent bike totaling about an hour and 15 minute workout every other day.

Now that Dace is taking up competitive swimming, henn.23 is biking and OFG is taking up chainsawing, I thought I'd resurrect this old thread.

My workout yesterday, and the day before, consisted of finishing up my pig pen. (Still have a little ways to go.) The pen is down the hill as far away as possible from the house. Carrying panels, posts and supplies up and down that hill just about kicked my rump. So did digging 6 two foot deep holes for the posts. Feels good to get it done though.

All I keep telling myself is next year this will be one heck of a garden and my freezer will be full of pork products!!

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
played tennis with my 3 year old for a whole 15 min

now waiting on my 10yr to come home so i can really play tennis

got the rackets at the goodwill for 1.00 a piece

4 rackets = 4.00
1 3 pack of balls =1.95
playing tennis for 6.00 = priceless

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
That sounds like fun! :thumbsup Tennis is a great workout and it is cheap too if you just head to the city park. :)

I love tennis and I too got my most recent rackets at Goodwill!

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
the only negative thing is the 3yr old throws his racket down after about 3 min on the court and starts throwing the ball at me or throwing the furthest point in my court that im not at

big brown horse said:
That sounds like fun! :thumbsup Tennis is a great workout and it is cheap too if you just head to the city park. :)

I love tennis and I too got my most recent rackets at Goodwill!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Eeek. I knew there was some serious risk to posting publicly about my attempt to NOT drown tomorrow. Now all of you can mock me. :bun

Dh has just informed me of *his plan* that I bike ride tomorrow AM with him as he runs. This is 2 hours before my date with doom. Does he not get it? Sheesh....he is excited for me :smack

Off to get a suit shortly.

Tennis is great fun :) No risk of drowning!!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Hey folks! The "I hate all forms of exercise" girl is reviving this thread. Either that or I need to find an exercise forum to brag on and I really don't have it in me to go searching for new friends :p

My last post here was before I started swimming....the day before actually.

Now I am in my 6th week and up to a hair under 2miles of swimming 3x per week. Biking 13 mi per week and now I have officially started a running training program. and I suck at it.

Today was my first 'official' day. I am starting with 1 min walk, 3 min jog repeat X5 = 20 minutes. Plus a few minutes warm up and cool down....for a total moving my arse = 27 min.

I admit that after the third rep I started to struggle....it did not help that I was going up hill....so my last 2 reps were 1 min walk/ 1.30 run. oh well at least it is a start!

What is everyone else doing?? :pop