moxies_ Life on the HHP Ranch....Rain!!!!!!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I thought i smelled something good in here :lol:

Yeh I don't observe or really keep track of holidays much either. Even with the kiddo here I sometimes forget WHY she is home and not in school!!! Homeschooling a few years back we NEVER knew the holiday :p We just kept on truckin with the studies and paid it no mind.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yep...the chicken and homemade noodles...were for tonight..as I was supposed to be busy all day. And gone. Pfft. I guess supper will be made, even with me being home. :hu

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
moxies_chickennuggets said:
Yep...the chicken and homemade noodles...were for tonight..as I was supposed to be busy all day. And gone. Pfft. I guess supper will be made, even with me being home. :hu
So put your feet up and enjoy a break? Maybe? Or you can always clean out the fridge, scrub out cabinets, rearrange your food storage...etc. etc. I do that when I get REALLY bored..but I'm just a dork. Ask Cheerio...he's a dork too :lol:

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
moxies_chickennuggets said:
So put your feet up and enjoy a break? Maybe? Or you can always clean out the fridge, scrub out cabinets, rearrange your food storage...etc. etc. I do that when I get REALLY bored..but I'm just a dork. Ask Cheerio...he's a dork too :lol:
:lol: Nope. All that is done already. CDO .....

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Saved me a trip to the Post Ofc. to mail an ebay sale! Sorry it was at an expense for you!!!! I want to make noodles but no room til we are moved to dry them.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I found two small racks for guest towels. Since I refuse to use guest towels....I thought they would make super noodle racks.

3884_dsc01821.jpg

and my noodle machine

3884_dsc01824.jpg

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Great idea! I found an over door rack at a yard sale that would have worked great but no room to store -it- and no interior door but bathroom. He didn't want it there!

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My main problem is getting the noodle maker cleaned out enuff for storage. Any little bit of flour will attract bugs. I remembered that bay leaves stored in rice helps deter infestations. I just put some bay leaves in my noodle keeper. It is a very nice one DH made for me a few months ago...out of some scrap pine wood from France. I wasn't sure if I needed any bay leaves in it or not, but today, it looked like maybe I should put some in there.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ok, this is about a useless monday. I looked at the spot I will move the IBC tote to, but I need 8 concrete blocks to set there first. The IBC will sit up on those. I have to wait till wednesday to move it though...as the ground is too wet from an inch and a half of much needed rain over the weekend. I will pull out the lawn tractor and cart and haul the blocks, then the IBC...then, to move the chicken tractors back up by the hot house. They cam work on that stump for a few days. It should be full of bugs and worms by now. DH piled it full of dirt from in front of the woodshop. That dirt looked like composted sawdust.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
An inch nd a half of much needed rain!?!?! What is this you speak of?!

While working on the greenhouse today I marred up in 3 inches of mud...on the "DRY" side :/

Hope you had a good day! See ya tomorrow! :D