moxies_ Life on the HHP Ranch....Rain!!!!!!

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Okay...soft boiled eggs just aren't my thing. I tried to make them again, cooking for 4 minutes this time. The inside is just too raw for my taste. I guess I will have to find another poached egg pan. My last one got tossed in the trash, thanks to my youngest child. And she was 23 at the time. :he

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Sounds like my kids :/ I don't like soft boiled eggs anyway, I like hard boiled :drool

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
Soft boiled eggs are comfort food for me. Mom used to give them to us with dry toast when we were sick. They bring up warm memories for me. :love

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I can't get past the yolk being so gooey. I love fried eggs, but soft boiled I can't seem to handle.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ugh!!...yesterday was just torture!! I went back out, to do my Monday errands. DMV and post office, and store for food run. Got to the DMV early. Needed to get a new DL in my new name. Anyhoo...I get all the way to "take the picture and sign here..."...and I broke the DMV :barnie I picked up the little stylus attached to the sig touch pad....and it popped out of my hand and bounced off the touchpad screen. The thing bleeped. It took the DMV 3 hours toget it fixed, as the IT guy had to come all the way from Columbia SC t fix it.

I gave the person doing my forms my cell number and went on to the store...15 miles away. Now, here's the clincher. She had my info all processed except for the DL. I had numerous items being processed. DL....vehicle title.....voting registration... all of it in their computer. She had to back it all out....or I was stuck at DMV with an invalid DL. If she hadn't backed out of it, and I got pulled over...(Murphy's Law was working against me yesterday), my DL wouldn't have matched anything in their computers. At that point.

So...she backs out my processed info...nulls and voids all of it. I take my old DL...and head to the store. When I left the DMV, they had no idea how soon it would get fixed. (I had such a headache by then :th ).

Drove to town 15 miles away, got RX refill, was checking out of grocery section to leave and I got a call from the DMV. I left her my cell to call me if they fixed it. So, I load my stuff in the truck...drove abck to the DMV 15 miles away.....re-processed my DL....then finally made it home by 2pm. Now, I left home at 830..so I was gona almost all day. I knew the chickens had needed food and water, and had planned to stop back by on my way to town. Didn't happen. Poor chooks. They had no food, very little water, and no green garden stuff to eat and play with.

Oh, and one of the hens decided she wanted to go broody yesterday. When I got home at 2, a hen was sitting in the nest box...all scrunched down. Almost hiding her head scrunched down. I got the 3 eggs from the other box..and let her be, since I had no idea of when she got on it. 2 hours later...still sitting. Giving me the evil eye. Well, I pulled the box over....reached my hand in there...she had a fit!! Chicken cussing right and left. :lol: She got off squawking and cussing...I grabbed the now warm egg....and closed the coop back up.

DH and I are not ready to have any baby chicks around yet.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I've had one of KN's chooks cussing and swearing at me when I have to collect her eggs. I get em anyway. She doesn't want a broody yet, she's not set up for it.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We don't know what to expect from these game fowl. I guess they don't behave like normal domestic breeds. I would have thought being a pullet would still be too immature to go broody. They don't turn 1 till sometime in May...I think. She wasn't even the oldest one, from what I can tell.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
:lol: Game birds make almost as good of mommas as Silkies, or so I've heard ;) You better keep a check on them often if you don't want broody birds.

Sorry about all the crap from the DMV yesterday...sounds like our DMV :/

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh...it wasn't the DMV's fault...I broke their machine :gig So unintentionally. :hit And I overloaded their system with paperwork. Ooops...my bad :hide

The DMV people were very nice an apologized for all the technical difficulties ---ooops. But, my question is...how many people per day use that stylus and touchscreen to sign their names(?) It has to have some sort of built in protection against that happening...or it would be broke all the time! The tip of the stylus just bounced off the screen in just the right way to f*** it all up :hu

Chooks..on the other hand...I have read that too. That game fowl make tremendously good little mommas. She was not happy I stole her egg.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I think most of the stylus pens are broken at our local DMV, or they were last time I was there :hu It happens. :hugs Glad you got it over with though, even if it did take all day ;)