moxies_ Life on the HHP Ranch....Rain!!!!!!

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Checked on miss broody wannabe this morning. Silly hen is trying to hatch a golfball :gig Does that mean it's time to remove the golf balls from the nesting boxes? :hu

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
On another note.....I painted one of our patio chairs yesterday. They are old, DH's mom gave them to us. They are the metal ones, with the vinyl straps across as slats. Nice chairs, but already mildewed up. I just do not want to scrub them every year. So, I went to town yesterday, and picked up that new plastic spray paint called "Fusion". I got nice forest green..as I thought it wouldn't show any mildew that is bound to happen. I will post a pic later....but, my it do look nice :D

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Boy, it's a good thing I don't give up. I went to get the lawn tractor this morning, to move the IBC tote to the back corner of the house, and gather concrete blocks from around the place to set it up on. Lawn tractor wouldn't start. We worked on it 2 weekends ago...and DH said to start it every 2 weeks for the batt. Well...nada.

So....I commenced to move the IBC (empty of course), around the back of the house about 120'..through the wet grass. We had a pouring rain last night, and the humidity is prob riding at 100% right now.
Anyhoo.....got it moved...by hand. Then, went to fetch some concrete blocks. I needed 6. I found 4 right close by...whew. The other 2, I had to hand carry from behind the tin shed....waaaay out back. Maybe 200'. Okay, can I be tired now? :crazy:

Oh yeah, I moved the IBC so I could move the chicken tractor to the spot by the other tree stump. Unfortunately, I cannot get them across the water filled ditch by hand..by myself. Last time we moved it, to the back 40 where it is now, we used the lawn tractor. It'll have to wait.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Can you jump it? That's what I do to mine when it won't start.

Oh, and if that chicken hatches out some golf clubs, you could get rich!

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
DH already did that....and I don't have any jumper cables or batt charger here at home. He'll just have to look at it again is all.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
My hubby went out and bought me jumper cables so he doesn't have to keep going out and getting it to run! :lol:

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well..that was productive. NOT All I have gotten done for today is transfer 110 gallons of rainwater over to the IBC I moved yesterday. Now, it's raining...with a big long front moving right overhead. It can fill up the barrels I managed to empty, but the ones I didn't get to will just dump the water.

I was going to add rotted wood to my new shade garden hugelkultur bed I am making up front. But, I need the wheelbarrow to do that..and it's raining pretty good right now.

On the chicken front...Miss Broody is hogging the new fave nest box. All the other lady hens come upstairs...stand there and stare at her sitting there on the golf ball. None of them popped an egg out yesterday. I got them all riled up moving the coops...and Miss Broody hollered and cussed the whole way. She got herself stuck all by her lonely in the upstairs coop, after I tried to catch her and take her to her mates. Well, she would have none of that nonsense and ran downstairs. So..I took both nest boxes out, chased her back upstairs and pulled the trap door/ramp. She was stuck and not happy. "Squawk!!! Squawk!! Buh-cluckkkk!!!"..all the way over the back 40.....down the drive.....over the concrete drive....under the walkway.....till I could push it up next to the sports coop.
Stoopid chicken. Now she is sitting back upstairs, in the new fave nest box....pissing off the other hens. Sounds like a steenking soap opera!! :ep