moxies_ Life on the HHP Ranch....Rain!!!!!!

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Find a gallon jug. Fill it w/water and pour rapidly in the toilet. The toilet should flush. For that matter, you can even use a bucket.
I save all the water ran to get the hot water in the mornings. I keep a 5 gallon bucket by the sink. It gives me enuff water for cleaning. But, as for flushing...we do the other thing. "If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown, flush it down"....Gee, I should put up a sign in the bathroom for that :gig

We have to demo that bathroom anyways. It looks like the bathroom was an afterthought. Stuck out the side of the back porch room. The location, leaves a little weedy un-mowable spot in the back corner.....dumb...dumb...dumb. We are going to take that one out, and put it in that spot as a master bath. Another thing on the list.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
<<pushes aside cobwebs and peeks in.... :hide

Winter time can make me feel so......hibernate-y. I can seem to get motivated. Yesterday, cold, damp, rainy...although we only got 3/10" rain. Today, big rain clouds on the radar.
I did get out back and just finish the rhubarb garden. It is a raised bed. Not too big. Not sure if the rhubarb will survive. So, I weeded the mess this morning. Took the pulled weeds to the chicken tractor....give them something to play with. Dirt, bugs, greens. Got 3 five gallon buckets from that little 40"x8' raised bed. Then, I planted the Sugar Snap Peas. said to plant them in Jan here, for Zone 7. Now, it is raining. Nicely plunking on the window a/c unit.

Still waiting on some stuff I ordered from ebay. I want to finish my aprons, but have no 1/4" double fold bias tape. The one apron I finished, took 6 yards. The rest of my bias tape is 1/2" double fold. I don't want to cut it down and waste it. That's alot of cutting down anyways. :sick

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
cold damp rainy here also
most times it shuts me down.
I require sun to run my battery :lol:
I hear you loud and clear. lets hibernate :bun

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I feel the call of moist hot brownies.....baking in my oven. So far....I pulled the package out of the cabinet :th

edited to make note.....I made the pan of brownies...nom...nom...nom :bun

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
We have that rainy mess here now. Can someone pass me the brownies?

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The darn brownies were flat. The pan was too big I guess, and the mix too little. pffft
But, we ate them anyway.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Break time!!..post time :D

I was going to sew today. Dang, it's nice outside for a January day. I had my coat on, when I moved the chickens, but it came off quick. Ripped my new apron. Guess I'll sew a little today.

I decided to try to create some sort of living room....in the alleged living room space. That, was actually the original house. 1952 Jim Walters. Teency. Looked like a 2 bedroom, no bath, tiny living room, do-able kitchen. I have never located blueprints of the original house.

Anyway, I moved some of our storage stuff out of it. To another back room we don't use, because mainly...the floor is all messed up. Under the carpet, we're not sure what is going on.

Swept and vacuumed here and there. Then, down to the master bedroom (which originally was built for the owner/preacher for meetings), and took apart the 2 recliners we have down there. Vacuumed them, brought all 4 pieces up the 4 stairs, and put the chairs back together again. Pffttt....hmmmph. Well, somebody would at least have a place to sit now. :lol:

Now, I need to move 2 more recliners from my shop, way across the driveway, up some stairs. There just isn't enough room for them there. They are nicer, so they are going to our bedroom. Which, basically, is 1/2 acre away on the property. I already have my 2 chairs up there, and a queen size mattress set, as well as 2 dining room tables. One is my sewing/cutting table. Combining two households, and all the stuff DH's momma keeps giving us.......thank gawd we have lots of buildings and space. It just isn't all livable.

Not to mention I tore a hole in my apron, but also 2 holes in my arm....moving the chicken tractor. Methinks I'm gonna be worn out by dinner time. Good thing we are having left overs tonight :woot

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, I put a hole in my hand.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
When we were putting insulation in the pump house ..back in 2010...DH had me using his stapler. Well, it is reverse to mine. I stapled my leather glove to my hand...twice!! He didn't know whether to get excited or what, as i was laughing so hard. It was hilariously funny...to me. Doh....duh... :gig :lol: