moxies_ Life on the HHP Ranch....Rain!!!!!!

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thank you Ms Deb. The Apron Challenge sounded like a fun project. I am also making potholders....wih some really cute quilt prints I bound in eBay-Land :weee :ya

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Maybe you could make aprons and pot holders to match.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
OK, tell me I'm crazy, but I'm picturing a kitchen w/ a nice border, then curtains, dish towels, apron, potholders and place mats that all match.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh dear Deb...you would have been perfect for the 50''s ....matching everything!! :thumbsup

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I like it when things match like that. I think it ties the whole room together. If I had to do it again, I'd just get plain white dishes, then have different colored place mats, etc for the different times of the year.

When my kids were little, I had the whole family color coded for when we went camping. If it was pink/red, it was the daughter's. If it was blue, it was my son's, if it was black, or darker blue, it was my hubby's, and if it was forest green, it was mine. If I could have found hangers in all those colors when the kids were little, I would have done the same for that. It made life so much easier.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I know, this prolly goes to BYC,....but this is where I have my journal. ;)

Last night was the first night of acually cold..freezing temps. Chicken water bucket froze solid. Supposed to get to all of 40f here today...in Midlands SC. As his is my chickens first winter..and my first winter with chickens.....we'll see what happens. They get their chicken tractor, water will be switched out as needed, fresh food daily...or as needed. Fresh garden greens...and sometimes little tidbits from the kitchen.

So far...they have remained healthy and continued to thrive. No mites, no illness, minor injury here and there, ......so far...so good. No "sports coop" this morning though...I have to go "shopping" ( :sick ) with MIL. I would so much rather stay home and try to stay warm. But, she insists of taking me with her to return two pieces of clothing she bought for us that were too small. I think it is awkward to try to buy clothing for others. Hopefully, I will eventually convince her not to. DH and I still must sort though our own clothes, and delete...delete...DELETE!!! :smack

bbl...

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am near Charlotte area. My chickens were in a 3 sided monster shed with pasture run. They did fine thru winter with no problems.
as long as they are out of the wind and fed well....they should do wonderful.

yea we do gift card or something when thinking clothes. it is awkward. MIL or my mom will say, I saw XX and I say DO NOT buy it...lol
I am so picky what I wear. I gotta have it fitting right but I sure hope your trip goes well.

and yea BBBrrr for the South huh. I think our winter good weather is going to leave now for a bit. :p

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Morning - it is cold here in N FL this morning and our high is like 45 today. I believe winter has arrived

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
good news for us southerns...they said a hi of 60 is coming very soon.
I will take it ;)