My BJ, My Husband has Died

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
So sorry for this terrible loss. :'(
I am horrible for words at times like this, so I will just say that I hope you find peace in your own way. And take solice in knowing there are those of us who care and worry about you.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I spent a day and a half going through his closet. His closet is 10' long by 4' wide. I built 2 towers, 7' tall, 18" deep, one is 3' wide, one is 2' wide. I ran two poles between the towers for his hanging clothes. he loved his closet. I put baskets on the shelves for socks, underwear and such. Boots went on the bottom. Blue jeans were folded on shelves. Only the best for my baby.

I kept most of his button up shirts to make memory quilts for our granddaughters. Not this year, but by next Christmas. I kept a jacket that I have a picture of him wearing. :love:hit

1633573017341.png

I bagged up his things, 9 garbage bags full plus stacks of dress slacks, suits and dress shirts that I put in the truck back seat. I put the bags in the back of the truck this morning and took them to the Highway 80 Mission in Longview, an hour away. They help addicts and alcoholics rehab and become productive members of society. They give homeless men a place to sleep safely and meals to eat. It was the right thing to do.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Today is the memorial for BJ here at our house, on the front porch. The porch is screened in and 12' x 54'. A few weeks ago, we had a memorial for him in Livingston, where we both had lived for 30 plus years. Friends we have made here are coming to celebrate BJ, the happy, smiling guy they knew and loved. My son is here, my daughter is bringing my granddaughters. The middle granddaughter was his favorite and she has been the most hurt by his passing. I hope this helps her cope with his loss.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Today is the memorial for BJ here at our house, on the front porch. The porch is screened in and 12' x 54'. A few weeks ago, we had a memorial for him in Livingston, where we both had lived for 30 plus years. Friends we have made here are coming to celebrate BJ, the happy, smiling guy they knew and loved. My son is here, my daughter is bringing my granddaughters. The middle granddaughter was his favorite and she has been the most hurt by his passing. I hope this helps her cope with his loss.
Lots of hugs and prayers for today. It will be hard but joyous.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My Prayers are with you and your family :hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Bay, so sorry for you and your family. I wept reading your post.

Romans 14:7~9
For not one of us lives for himself, and not one dies for himself; for if we live, we live for the Lord, or if we die, we die for the Lord; therefore whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. For to this end Christ died and lived again, that He might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸