My favorite use for a pop bottle.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Yes I leave the lids on.

This way I can toss the bottle into my tool bucket and I am ready to roll on a project. Even if I lose a lid it is easy to replace!

I'll try for a picture today.
Thank you!

I can't wait to get these going here! No more digging for nails! and such a simple solution, like why didn't I think of that :lol:

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Although I think this is mostly obvious, I was using a small plastic bottle this morning for dosing the goats.
When I have to give the goats and horses some kinds of medicine, I put a coupld of dabs of molassas to eliminate resistance to having dosing syringes shoves in their mouths. I use small plastic bottles to put the molassas in then add the medicine and shake it up- as the bottle has a cap to close, I can take the mixture out and pull up a dose for each animal then cap it so it doesn't spill. I can use one syringe then rather than make up one for each animal.

Bebop

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I make self watering planters or just regular planters by cutting them in half. Great for starting seeds!

cknmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We don't drink soda, we allow DGD one now and then. I have used the large ones before for terrariums. DGD and I made a boat for barbies a couple of years ago. I have seen directions for making rockets out of them.

Monica

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Worst addition I have.

I tried to not give the kids pop when they were little. Now, all but one really could take it or leave it. They usually eat well balanced too - or if they don't, at least they feel bad and know they should.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I have a NEW recycled "bottle" use.

I work at an elementary school and the gym teacher had a great new game for the kids yesterday.

1. Cut the bottom out of two milk jugs and remove the lids.

2. Wash well.

3. Add 1 small ball, like a tennis ball or really your choice (even rolled up socks would work in a pinch)

4. Ta DA! A great toss and catch cup game!

I thought this was really a neat use of old jugs.

My own kids had a favorite game when they were little too. It was called "Paper Plate".

1. I took cheap paper plates and we decorated them with different primary colors, letters of the alphabet, sight words, shapes etc.

2. Children get to spread out the plates all over the floor.

3. Each child starts on a plate with their name on it.

4. Adult calls out a plate for each child in turn and the child has to go to it to stand without falling off of the plates and touching the floor. Example : Bobby go to letter A -- Sally go to triangle --- Fred stand on the word "and"

Cheap to and fun to make (kids can help), easy to store, easy to expand and change as the kids learn, and best of all Fun Fun Fun (and they are learning).

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Don't drink pop but will actually have the boys buy and drink one if I have need of a pop bottle! :lol: I like the nail tip...thanks, Farmfresh!

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
I use pop bottles or milk jugs for plant labels. Cut up strips and write plant name and date with a sharpie pen. I start hundreds of plants and need many labels. I like pop bottles because I see through and read from any angle.

I also cut up mini blinds for labels. I always see them in trash, what a waste.

cknmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We don't drink soda so I don't have soda bottles often. But I LOVE the mini-blind idea!!

Monica

sundance

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
For my fly traps, Icut the 2 liter bottle about 3/4 way off and add just enought water it almost comes to the top of the bottle when inverted into bottom. i mix quarter cup vinegar and sugar to pull them in and when it get an abundance of flies empty and refill. works really well in summer near the chicken yard marrie