My new Dog

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good thing the owner isn't going to be found... they would be found dead with a picture of the dog next to them with a sign that says, this is what happens to people who starve and abuse God's creatures. And you got away better than the poor starved animal... at least yours was quick.

peteyfoozer

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Looks like he chose you. Once they own you like that, you can’t give them up. It’s like when we pasted construction paper together in kindergarten. Can’t do it without tearing both pieces. He looks like a ❤️ love. Maybe even a blessing! 😂

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Looks like he chose you. Once they own you like that, you can’t give them up. It’s like when we pasted construction paper together in kindergarten. Can’t do it without tearing both pieces. He looks like a ❤️ love. Maybe even a blessing! 😂
I couldn't love this more. My dog picked me. I was volunteering at the shelter. First time he saw me his reaction was incredible. I was casually interested in adopting a dog in 1-2 years. But the shelter manager saw how he reacted to me and said, "That's your dog" 😍

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:clapwhat have you named this new family member?
Owen. Since I found him on Owens Chapel Rd. He's already gained some weight. I let him out of the pen this morning to run around the backyard while I supervised. I may let him out entirely once Im sure he wont try to escape. Maybe when Im home for a while as a test run. He needs to be neutered. He has a vet appointment Tuesday.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hope vet appt went ok! :)
It went well. Had to carry the big chicken in. He wouldnt walk. :lol: He weighs 30.6 lbs. He definetly has gained some weight. Not so ribby looking. He does have some worms so he's on Panacur for 5 days then wait 2 weeks and do it again. Once he's gained back sufficient weight, he will get nuetered. Dr wanted to do a heart worm test, but I just kept it basic until I decide if Im keeping him or not.
If I do, when he gets nuetered, I'll have them do it then. Problem is, if he is positive, I cant afford the treatment. It can run between $800 to $1000.
But no other health issues other than being malnurished ( starved).
Dr thinks he's around 1 1/2 to 2yrs old.

Latest posts