My new Dog

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yes, he looks 10,000,000 X better... How is his dsiposition now that he is not "scared to death"? Looks like he is happy.... Glad that you got him... the last few dogs I had sort "found me"... one was left at a house I moved to, because the owner must have abused her because they couldn't catch her... i had her til she died 8-10 years later. Dog wandered into the farm I was renting, thin, and I called around and dog warden said they would come get him and I said no, he was fine but just didn't want someone to be looking for him... had him, 5-6 years til someone purposely hit him on the road (neighbors said they swerved off the road into their yard) and when I left him at the vet to set the leg, he just gave up... must've thought I abandoned him... broke my heart... my next one was a "throwaway" from a farm I tested... they got "tired of her and wanted a different dog"... had her for 8-9 years too... haven't had one since Emmy.... and these 2 kittens (ahem... cats) were a feel sorry, momma got killed on the road... and they are spoiled ... outside cats... yeah right. They are stretched out on the chair now... and wind up on the bed sometime at night... right there when I wake up in the morning...
At least they have been hunting.. and the one really gets possessive... growls at you when he has had a young rat and a couple of moles so far.... so I am HOPING my inside mouse problem will be a thing of the past now....
Oh, he's a nutjob. In a good way. He runs around in circles around me and is just a ball of energy. He was given a tennis ball at his vet check and lost it already. You would think you could find a yellow ball in the yard, but nooooo........
He is very happy. Loves being petted. Doesnt know how to fetch, apparently.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Oh, he's a nutjob. In a good way. He runs around in circles around me and is just a ball of energy. He was given a tennis ball at his vet check and lost it already. You would think you could find a yellow ball in the yard, but nooooo........
He is very happy. Loves being petted. Doesnt know how to fetch, apparently.
Pitties prefer tug play. They need an outlet for their predatory behaviors so they can behave nicely around livestock.

Use two similar tug toys - blue or yellow color. Let him win every time so he doesn't feel like he's competing with you (which can bring out resource guarding/possessive behaviors). When he wins, tease him with the second tug toy. You always have the best toy because you're making it move. So he'll drop the first toy. When you're done playing give him a treat to get him to let go of his toy. Take the tug toys away when you're not playing with him.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Finished moving the dog yard and getting Owen set up for winter. Guess he's sticking around. Moved the chain link panels and set them up, then moved his water bucket and food bowel into the storage shed. Im going to put straw in there later. I put the large dog crate in there, too,in case he wants to sleep in there. Have a heat lamp set up and secured for the really cold nights.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Rammy: Idon't remember where you live, but Owen may need a coat in the winter.

I was thinking about him on Saturday and thought to myself that he's sure found a nice person to take car of him, and I'll bet he'll love you with the hugest amount of love he's got possible.
He will have a heat lamp in the shed. My beagle, Barney, lived in the shed for 10 years with the heat lamp in the winter. He also has a heated water bucket.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ok. He accidently scratched my face with his paw when we were playing ball. Need to dremel his nails. Still needs a surgical visit to the vet.

Last edited: