My personal Weight Loss Challenge

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
lupinfarm said:
Quail... Do lots of fencing LOL... Dig lots of fence post holes, and you will lose weight, guaranteed!
Trust me! I am! (doing lots of fencing that is!) :gig

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
So I'm not sure if I've lost any weight or not, but I did discover a new favorite today!

Vanilla Yogurt!!! I've never, ever tried vanilla yogurt until today. I picked up 2 containers of it, figuring if I didn't like it I could feed it to the chickens.

:love

I was hooked after the first bite!! I had to STOP myself from eating the WHOLE container (not an individual serving size)! I allowed myself 4 bites, and then put the rest back to save for later. But my goodness, it was DELICIOUS!

I've done good with cutting my serving size down. We had fried chicken with two veggies the other day. Normally, I would eat two pieces of chicken plus the veggies. I finished all the veggies, but was only able to eat 1/2 a chicken breast.

Topped it off with an 8 oz glass of water. :D

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Good Job Quail. It is not a race to lose quickly, it is just slow and steady progress, trading bad habits for good ones!

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Sooo.....I'm embarrassed to say I didn't really do that well with this last year....but I'm doing better now, and I'm determined to make it work this time.

I am on day 3 of what would have been no bread products - except I cheated today and had a biscuit.

I tried to make up for that one biscuit, tho.

My breakfasts for the last three days have been an apple sliced up, a banana, an orange, grapes, and 1/4 cup of cottage cheese.

Lunches for the last 3 days have been either chicken or a small beef steak - baked in my oven, not cooked on the stove top - with any of these raw veggies : broccolli, califlower, carrots, celery, Romain lettuce with tomatoes (this is actually a fruit, too) and then I'm following that with more fruit. (no dressing on my lettuce and 'maters)

Dinner for the last three days has been all fruit and veggies.

I've had a lot less sugar - not completely cut off yet but working on it.

I've only been allowing myself 1 cup of coffee a day - and that's in the mornings. I drink a glass of orange juice once a day and it's water the rest of the day.

I am going to try to start putting here what I eat each day.

I'm not going to set a goal for what I want to lose. I mean, I do have a number in mind....but...we'll see.

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I just want to say "YOU GO!!!!"

we're here if you need us.

positive thoughts, positive thoughts, positive thoughts!

redux

Off to other pastures
Reaction score
Good luck!!! Losing weight is so hard. I hve been struggling all of my life.I have lost 65 pounds and managed to keep off 20 of them. The other 45 keep coming back; and I have another 50 to lose on top of that. I have NEVER been a size zero but it is my goal to someday be a size that starts with a 1 instead of a 2. :)
So I hope your struggle is easier than mine has been. What I have tried to do is incorporate habits into my life. I dont' drink sugared drinks, I don't eat meat, I avoid sweets, eat lots of veggies, beans, etc. I just eat too much!

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Thanks! :)

I am limiting myself to one small piece of meat a day, because I do like meat. Going cold turkey off bread - which I love - was hard enough - don't take my meat too! :lol:

redux

Off to other pastures
Reaction score
It is a matter of what you can live with. I can live without meat- I don't really care for it. But try to take away my bread ..grrrrrrrrr

ToLiveToLaugh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
Thanks! :)

I am limiting myself to one small piece of meat a day, because I do like meat. Going cold turkey off bread - which I love - was hard enough - don't take my meat too! :lol:
Meat aint all bad. Do keep in mind that most vitamins and micronutrients are only fat soluble... this means you need some fat in the meal to be able to use them. So a bunch of greens? Be sure to have some dressing, or saute in butter, or have with a bit of cheese or milk. Only vit C and a couple others are water soluble...

Your science nerd, looking out for you. ;) And keep up the good work!