My personal Weight Loss Challenge

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ann is so right.

You can eat it all....in moderation and just knowingly never combine tons of "bad" foods on the same day....LOL----a little goes a long way.

I ate everything when I lost 70 lbs. Just super moderation and definitely "less" carbs but never eliminated.

You must have treats cause in "the real world and for the future" we can never abandon them truly. Hey we are only humans after all..HA HA HA

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
ldburton said:
Something that works great for me is to have my salad dressing on the side and just dip my fork into the dressing before picking up salad. Great taste, very little dressing. Amazing saving on the the calories.:)
great idea, one I forget.....smart!!!!

goes for sauces etc. that we put on things also.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Every thing in moderation is best, I agree. You want to eat healthy always, not just till you reach your desired goal. The big picture is more important.

Hope it is going well today. Don't forget to drink water!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Actually, had a pretty stressful day today, skipped lunch, tried to eat a little bit of baked chicken with carrots and potatoes for dinner, but didn't have much appetite.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Ok so my changing my eating habits hasn't really gone the way I wanted.

First, I've not had much of an appetite. I've been feeling sick from stress, and food just makes it worse right now. Been trying to drink plenty of water.

Last night fixed some rice and a baked boneless skinless chicken breast. It was pretty good. Had two Brownie bites for dessert and some fresh strawberries.

Today I choked down 1 slice of bacon and a cup of coffee.

carol.bi

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Believe it or not,drinking water helps you tremendously with weight loss goals.This is partly because of water's ability to increase metabolism...but check that you are not drinking the other stuff like sodas, energy drinks etc.switching from saturated fat to unsaturated fat can also make a huge difference in your health.http://www.habitchanger.com/

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Well, I've increased the amount of water I'm drinking, and I'm not drinking carbonated drinks for the most part, except I had one yesterday. I have been drinking coffee and ice tea, but other than that, mostly water.

I'm still working on adding more fruits and vegetables to my diet, which was easy with having fresh produce in the garden.

I haven't really kept track of my meals all that well like I did in the beginning, but I have increased my activities some...not as much as I should though.

Like yesterday went across the road and helped Ernie cut and haul out fence posts. We actually attached a chain around the locust, and the kids and I pulled the locust out of the woods like we were mules. Ernie certainly can't do it with a back brace on! :lol: Lemme tell ya, those posts were heavy! Then we had to flip it up on end so we could angle it into the bed of the truck.

I was ready for a gallon of water after that!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts