My personal Weight Loss Challenge

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
keljonma said:
big brown horse said:
Did you mean to write 15 cups of spinach? If so, that is amazing!
15 cups spinach is NOT a typo!! :D
yea the problem is when a person wants to add a ton of delish ranch dressing over the top of that...HA HA HA

but that is great, I could easily have a monster salad, a little dressing and be full and never worry about calories!!!!!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Great list, keljonma! Thanks so much!

Best part is, I love nearly all the stuff on that list! (leave off the almonds!)

ldburton

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Something that works great for me is to have my salad dressing on the side and just dip my fork into the dressing before picking up salad. Great taste, very little dressing. Amazing saving on the the calories.:)

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Thank you for the support guys!

I plan to pick up a scale, but I don't want to spend a lot on it, and I'm only going to allow myself to step on the scale once a week. I'm thinking Saturday evenings maybe?

If ya'll promise not to make fun of me, I'll post my weekly weights here.

As far as drinking NO POP...I was doing really really good...but I cheated and had a rootbeer today.. :hide It's the first soda of any kind that I've had since I started this post here.

In total honesty, I had completely forgot that I wasn't going to drink any pop. I was with a friend, we were at the gas station, and we were on our way to Becky's to help her mom feed/water all of Becky's poultry. NONE of this excuses the fact that I had a pop, not at all. I wish I had remembered that I wasn't going to drink pop at all and just told my friend, but in truth, I was so absorbed in our conversation (we were discussing how we met and married our husbands lol) that I just filled up a 59 cent cup and we were on our way. :hide

Other than today's pop, I've only been drinking juice, water, and 2 cups of coffee in the morning.

We're having hamburgers for dinner. I'm adding lettuce and tomato to my hamburger. Salad for a side dish.

I'm hoping we have some applesauce left for dessert. :)

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
You need to not think of having one (and I do mean one!) treat as cheating. If you deprive yourself of everything you'll end up going on a binge sooner or later. It's ok to have a root beer once a week or so. But remember, you have to move a bit more to make up for it! That's all. You need to changve your relationship with food, make good choices, and treat yourself occasionally to help keep yourself on the right track.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
I'm working on the moving more! :) I did check into the gym membership at the local hospital. Three months of working out 4 days a week will cost me $66...I didn't think that was bad, as it breaks down to $22 a month.

My workouts would be on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. 30 minutes each.

I've tried to be on here less, too..and I made myself stand while I folded laundry today, and squatted down to the couch when I was ready for the next piece to fold. Not sure if that counts? lol