My SS Journey

Chelsea2258

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Defiantly! Although I'm not sure about making it into a barn. We'll have to see if we need it for anything else first or maybe we'll use it for hay. Just found out that DH won't be able to take leave before he gets out so we will be moving on June 20th. Kind of sucks but it is what it is. Hopefully the rest of it will go quick though. I would really like for us to start getting income ASAP when we get up there.

Chelsea2258

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Well I don't have much to update on except that we started packing last weekend. We figure if we get a couple things done per weekend then that should get us packed without feeling rushed. I ordered the tow bar and magnetic lights for the truck (which will be towed behind the moving truck) on moday and received them yesterday. So this weekend Cal (DH) can make sure that will work for his truck. I'm sure it will. Also got the moving truck reserved. Saturday we are planning to go to home depot to buy something's for packing and fixing things that have to be fixed before we move out. We made a cat door in one of the doors so we have to replace it plus damage done to some of the molding from out dig we used to have. Hopefully we'll be able to go though the stuff in the garage and throw away/repack it and then star on the kitchen! Well I guess we'll see how much gets done!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Years of moving tell me that it always takes longer than you thought it would...;) But I'm sure you will make the move all right

Chelsea2258

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I've moved 3 times in the last 3 years so I get that lol. I know that if everything is packed it only takes a couple hours to load up and faster if you have friends. Although it'll be the middle of the week so we may not get much help. No biggie. We'll manage. I did write out a list of what to get done every weekend so that we know what needs to be done and if we tackle some things a little early or switch some stuff around then so be it!

Chelsea2258

Power Conserver
Reaction score
That's right- I forgot that you're a military family. You know how to move!
Lol! Right! Although we've never actually PCS'd! We had a off base house and then it got broken into after a year so we wanted to move on base but they wouldn't do emergency housing, so we got a apartment for 6 months and then moved on base.

Chelsea2258

Power Conserver
Reaction score
So we got some stuff done today. Started working on the garage and then hubby had to run to Home Depot to trade in the door we bought yesterday since we got the wrong size. He got home and started putting together the tow bar and making sure it was going to work so he never finished the garage. We may finish it this week but probably won't until the weekend. All we'll, that's fine. I also started on the kitchen. Cleaned out 2 cabinets that had stuff in them that we barley ever use and we defiantly won't use before we move. Other than that we didn't do much. Hubby and I are a bit nerdy and play video games so he got a PS4 yesterday. He's so spoiled. I wanted to get it now so I could preorder my game that comes out in October and get it for the new council instead of the old one that likes to freeze. I'm working in my playthroughs of the previous games before I get the new one so I've been making good progress on that. I know that has nothing to do with my quest to be self sufficient but it's something I'm into! Lol.
Good night!