My SS Journey

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I can imagine that it would. I wouldn't have wanted to live w/either sets of parents after getting married. We had to stay w/my parents 1 night and it was really weird. I didn't like it in the least.

Chelsea2258

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Yea it gets annoying because it's us, them, and our 21 month old and since we've been away most of my sons life, they aren't used to us parenting and it seems like I have to keep reminding them that we are his parent and know what's best. I try to keep my cool but it's really hard sometimes when they see me do something and tell me not to and I'm like >:€

Chelsea2258

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Jeez it's been almost a year since I wrote anything here! I found out in November that we are expecting a baby (I'm 4 weeks shy of my due date with a girl right now). We moved out of my in-laws in February but we are renting and hoping to buy a house by next summer. I'm still fully committed to being self sufficient I've just been working my but off and have been so busy since my last update! I'm having a home water birth but I'm a half mile from the hospital in case anything goes wrong. Her name will be Alyanna Blair and I'm just so excited to meet her! How's everything going with everyone?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Busy as normal.

Congrats on your expected daughter!

Chelsea2258

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thank you! We're very excited! It's been a little bit of a stuggle being pregnant in the summer because I actually planted a garden this year and I'm trying my hardest to keep up with it. It's been doing good but it seems to be coming up slow. It doesnt surprise me since we live in town and I'm not able to get the soil like I want it as well. Hopefully I can still keep up with it when I have a newborn along with my toddler lol.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I had a July baby too. It is hard, especially when you are already hot from being pregnant- the weather can be hard to deal with. I remember the afternoon before she was born I was straddling a stream that ran through our property, picking watercress for a sandwich... big old belly hanging down and just barely clearing the water...

Chelsea2258

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Lol! I understand! I have about 5 work days left before I'm done working. My last day is the 4th of July! Maybe it'll make me go into labor from being so busy!

Chelsea2258

Power Conserver
Reaction score
image.jpeg

Latest posts