Natural remedies for fibromyalgia/muscle pain/arthritis?

eggs4sale

Lush who can't use a cheese grater
Reaction score
Hypothyroidism also creates muscle pain, joint pain, nerve pain, and fibromyalgia. I take Armour thyroid, a natural product, made from a pig's thyroid gland. It costs $9 a month with my insurance, or $11 out of pocket.

If you also have brain fog, the inability to concentrate or understand what you're reading, dry skin, or headaches, you might look into this.

DrLowe.com has a bounty of information.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Actually it is a wonder I don't have MORE joint pain! :lol:

I am hypothyroid (on thyroid replacement meds), Celiac, Psoriasis, a Cola drinker, and yes probably wormy as well! I get my (probable) worms at work too. Dealing with little germ ridden kiddos!

My medical doctor actually de-wormed our whole family several years ago. My D2 had picked up pin worms at school and courteously shared them with me! :sick

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
In all my research, I have found something interesting.
Severe Adrenal Fatigue, is the main underlying causer of Fybro.

And the reason for low functioning thyroids.

Addressing the adrenals and the thyroid together are highly recommended.

And going gluten free as well.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Hi Bubblingbrooks, I am interested in finding out how you have addressed adrenal fatigue. Can it be done by eating differently etc.?

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Hi Bubblingbrooks, I am interested in finding out how you have addressed adrenal fatigue. Can it be done by eating differently etc.?
Yes and no.
You have to figure out what was the major causer of the fatigue to begin with.
High stress and food allergies were mine.

Here is what I have been doing nutritionally to stay on track.
Completely gluten free
100% Traditional foods

Suppliments I am taking.
Fermented Cod Liver Oil
Maca Root
Lugal's Iodine
And I just started Adrenal Refresh, by Dr. Ben Kim.

I finally am starting to get some energy back, and not feeling as achy and whatnot.

The brain fog, headaches, bloating, etc., all disapeared 3 days after I went gluten free last year.

You have to keep in mind, that healing takes a long time.
Think about how long you have had problems, add on a few more years, and that will give you an idea of how sick you are.
It takes as long as 3 years to heal adrenal fatigue.
It is also important to strive to keep all stress and bursts of hard work to a minimum.
No hard exercise. If the chicken coop needs mucked out, work for just 5 minutes and rest for 20 at first.
Haul only one armload of firewood and then rest.

As you heal, you can do more.
Your body will tell you how much you can do.
Yoga or Pilates designed for eldery people is a good way to exercise.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Ahh, thanks!

Fermented cod liver oil? Does it help with inflimmation? Will you post an explanation/recipe? :)
FCLO is the only clo in the world now that is real and not heated in processing.
It is the same stuff the Vikings made.
www.drrons.com and www.greenpasture.org carry it.

If you have inflamation, you have a food allergy. Most likely gluten.
Easy to find out. Just stop eating it for a few weeks.
If you feel better, fabulous. Test by eating a very small portion, and seeing how you feel then.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Thank you!

I know I have gluten issues b/c I did an elimination diet a few months back and figured that out. (Thank you freemotion!)

My daughter has asthma pretty bad, that is why I was wondering about the fermented cod liver oil. I'm planning on purchasing some b/c I'm sure we should both be taking it. :)

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Thank you!

I know I have gluten issues b/c I did an elimination diet a few months back and figured that out. (Thank you freemotion!)

My daughter has asthma pretty bad, that is why I was wondering about the fermented cod liver oil. I'm planning on purchasing some b/c I'm sure we should both be taking it. :)
Do you drink raw milk?
That can really help asthma in children.

And, are you familiar with the Real Food Movement? Main blogs are here...
www.cheeseslave.com and www.kellythekitchenkop.com
Check out all the blogs posting on Real Food Wednesdays!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Yup! Raw milk every morning for both of us. Kefir, kombucha, fermented veggies, pastured meats, butter and eggs and everything else like that.

I learned a lot here and I also took a wonderful course via "freemotion" on traditional nutrition, I learned tons about Weston A. Price, the real food movement etc. from this class.

I own Sally Fallon's Nourishing Traditions text/cookbook and a few other neat books like Wild Fermentation and Eat Fat to Lose Fat.

Daughter's asthma has improved (it was really, really bad; she has had asthma-induced pneumonia over 13 times) and now she is off the inhaled steroids all together. She still has issues though. (On a side note, her grades shot up, WAY up!!! Thank you freemotion!)

I checked out the fermented cod liver oil sites you listed above, thank you so much!

And also thanks for sharing your blogs! :thumbsup I'll check them out! :)