Need low carb breakfast ideas-flax pancake verdict is in

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Whisk up 2 eggs well and pour thinly into a hot greased frying pan to make an egg "tortilla." Use it like a wrap for whatever you would put in a sandwich.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
tortoise said:
Whisk up 2 eggs well and pour thinly into a hot greased frying pan to make an egg "tortilla." Use it like a wrap for whatever you would put in a sandwich.
:hugs :gig Yes, it would work, but it's eggs.......
I actually do like that idea and will try it soon. For lunch though...

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I had chicken salad this morning. Woke up with a mondo appetite and it was already prepared. I ate mine on bread, but no-carbers could do lettuce wraps or just right out of the bowl.

Sometimes I just eat a spoonful of peanut butter and a cup of coffee. Sometimes a handful of nuts. And coffee. Other days I do a green smoothie. Cheese is a favorite go-to quick food for me too. I need to have fat and protein in the morning or my day just ain't right. Sometimes I'll have ham, turkey or salami with my cheese if we have any.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Javamama said:
I had chicken salad this morning. Woke up with a mondo appetite and it was already prepared. I ate mine on bread, but no-carbers could do lettuce wraps or just right out of the bowl.

Sometimes I just eat a spoonful of peanut butter and a cup of coffee. Sometimes a handful of nuts. And coffee. Other days I do a green smoothie. Cheese is a favorite go-to quick food for me too. I need to have fat and protein in the morning or my day just ain't right. Sometimes I'll have ham, turkey or salami with my cheese if we have any.
There have been quite a few mornings where I've had nothing but a handful of raw almonds with my coffee. I keep some at work for those mornings I know I'm going to have; flat out nuts at home and it's the last thing I think of, feeding myself!
Can you tell I'm a recovering carb addicted who loved my morning cereal/bage/English muffin, etc.?

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Me too, Hen ;) I consider myself lucky that I can still indulge from time to time. I have seasons when I can do without and seasons when I want that comfort. I just back off when it affects my weight, but I know you can't do that. :( :hugs

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I struggle with breakfast too. SOmetimes, if I amout of smoothie stuff, I will just have a hard boiled egg or a hunk of cheddar :/ boring.

Let me know if you try my smoothie, really, you will be disgusted by the looks, but pleasantly surprised by the taste!
Just start out with a little less of the greens and see if it is edible to you...then bump up the greeens a little.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Homemade ice cream. Make a stronger flavored one to cover the use of stevia as a sweetener. Maybe butter pecan (I'm allergic to nuts but this would be perfect!) or maple walnut, using a little real maple syrup (what is considered lower quality is darker and has a stronger maple flavor) and stevia. Use lots of raw egg yolks and whole raw milk with extra cream.

You will probably need some vegetable fiber to keep you from getting too hungry later, so bring a small "feedbag" of veggies, too, for the drive.

I have devilled eggs for breakfast whenever we have them in the fridge...perfect grab-n-go meal. So much better than any "meal replacement" bars or shakes out there.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I ran out the door without breakfast today. When hubby finally gets here I am going to go to Burger King and get some sausage. egg and cheese biscuits....and throw out the biscuits :D

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
i like my coconut-almond bar for breakfast. usually with milk and sometimes a bowl of berries.

as for ice cream... without sugar it freezes harder, so you have to make really small batches. Unless someone has tips on letting it stay soft without sugar?!?

:D

off to feed the kitties breakfast. they're yowling at me as though they're starving :gig