Never sunburn again

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
[Do to the cost, I buy the liquid/gel, and use a small medicine syringe to fill size 00 capsules.
Never taste it and never burp it.
I am so gonna do this! I've known for ages that it was a missing part of my supplement regimen, but read so much vague or conflicting info. You make it so clear, bb.....So, how far in advance can you fill those capsules? Do they keep or break down? I will definitely be doing this. Where do you get the capsules? They have them at our local Whole Foods, I believe, but I never bought them.

LetsBeSelfSufficient

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I'm going to have to try the cod liver oil. Thanks!

Since I'm mostly of Irish descent, I tend to burn like crazy. A friend of mine, a fellow Irish-American, tried using coconut oil as a sunscreen, but he just ended up roasting under the sun. I usually just cover up, but it would be great to have another option. Fish makes perfect sense to me, since it's an Irish food staple.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Javamama said:
I tried the coconut oil as a sunscreen yesterday and it did not work - I didn't think it would, but figured it wouldn't hurt. My arms are covered in this itchy sun rash, which didn't show up until a couple hours after I came inside. The tiny blisters are going away but it itches like mad now. It could be a very long summer.
Ummm, you do not use it as a sunscreen per say :D
You need to find out what is going on chemically in your body that is the starting point, with the sun being the trigger.

You are experiencing Photosynthesis.
Maybe put together a comprehensive list of every food/ingredient that you consume, and any and all products you are using, including shampoo, deoderant and soap.

Might be time for an elimintion period.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Bubblingbrooks said:
[Do to the cost, I buy the liquid/gel, and use a small medicine syringe to fill size 00 capsules.
Never taste it and never burp it.
I am so gonna do this! I've known for ages that it was a missing part of my supplement regimen, but read so much vague or conflicting info. You make it so clear, bb.....So, how far in advance can you fill those capsules? Do they keep or break down? I will definitely be doing this. Where do you get the capsules? They have them at our local Whole Foods, I believe, but I never bought them.
According to Dave Wetzle, the fermented does not need to be refridgerated. However, I would still do so in the summer.
The capsules do not break down, but, if its truly warm out, I bet they would.
Its still winter here, so I have not had any trouble.

I just sit down with a movie and the items needed in front of me.
Fill the caps and stick them in a canning jar.

We get our caps at our local Herb shop.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
Maybe put together a comprehensive list of every food/ingredient that you consume, and any and all products you are using, including shampoo, deoderant and soap.

:lol: Ok, bb, you've been here long enough to get teased about a typo!!!! I'm sure you meant photosensitivity! I picture her turning into a big, green plant! :gig

Thanks for the capsule-filling tips, too.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:yuckyuck
Timely advice here too!
My dentist told me about cod liver oil helping your body to regrow dentin. I am having two post & cores put in. They will drill a small hole into the root of my tooth, insert a post & let my body grow the anchor, dentin. He told me to start taking a cod liver oil supplement to speed the process.

How cool!

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Bubblingbrooks said:

:lol: Ok, bb, you've been here long enough to get teased about a typo!!!! I'm sure you meant photosensitivity! I picture her turning into a big, green plant! :gig

Thanks for the capsule-filling tips, too.
LOL! I am so glad you said it first, Freemotion! I was sitting here boggling, going, "Whaaaat? Ok, we've officially left Kansas, Toto..."

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ummm, you do not use it as a sunscreen per say
You need to find out what is going on chemically in your body that is the starting point, with the sun being the trigger.
Well, I didn't figure it would work, but I have seen it mentioned over and over on various sites so I tried it. ;) My skin needed the treatment anyway.

I have eliminated so many things already (chemical andlotions and such) and improved my health quite a bit, so that's why I'm a little confused about why I'm suddenly having this photosensitivity. My seasonal allergies are all but gone. I'm stopping all supplements for a while to see what happens.
The only thing I'm doing differently from last fall is that I'm eating more veggies and fats. Good grief, I don't get my body!