New Appliances...the devil incarnate!

CARS

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Last year we bought a new washer, dryer, and stove. I too didn't want a clock or digital anything. It was hard to find for sure but we did find the washer and dryer at Menards (home improvement store) and a stove at a t.v. and appliance store. They are Magic Chef brand appliances.
They are a little on the "cheap" as far as construction quality and materials but they do the job.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Mackay said:
anybody know if it is possible to convert a natural gas stove to a propane burning stove? My Dh seemed to think that it might just require changing a valve but he wasn't sure.
We did this t our dryer while building our home. My dh did just what is described by BigDaddy. Very inexpensive and worked just fine. We actually used a 5 gal propane canister. Then when the house was done we switched it back to gas.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Your local propane supplier will have a catalogue of appliances that are very simple, that's how we found our very simple pilot lit stove. They also carry refridgerators and dryers.
Very simple and no electronics. Yes they are hard to find, I looked forever for mine, but eventually did find what I was lokking for.