New chapter for SS - Suggestions welcome!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Hey everyone. SS is under new management :) I love this community and I would like to work with you all, current active members, new members and old returning members (welcome back btw!), to rebuild and revive this wonderful community. I want this to be a team effort and I am very interested in hearing you all's ideas for what we can do here to make this site better, what you would like to see changed, added, etc.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I'll go ahead and list my previously mentioned ideas here and a few I hadn't mentioned:

1. New forum name that more accurately describes the activities discussed on the forum. I like Moonshadow's suggestion of Back to Basics...used to be a book by that name back in the 80s put out by Reader's Digest. I picked one up at a yard sale a few years back and it now resides in my bathroom for reading material. Excellent homestead guide with TONS of instructional stuff for almost all aspects of homesteading. Having a poll or contest to decide on a new name was also mentioned by Moon, which is a great idea.

https://www.amazon.com/Back-Basics-...494090828&sr=8-1&keywords=book+back+to+basics
https://www.amazon.com/Back-Basics-...494090828&sr=8-1&keywords=book+back+to+basics
2. Picture galleries beside the posts in each thread, like they have on BYC.
3. More forum headings, more specific headings or subheadings.
4. A video library for the individual forums where people can post learning vids about that topic, their own or those they find.
5. Invite resident go-to people on the sister sites who have experience and good knowledge of different animals, gardening, skills etc. to monitor those forums here so that people can get a quick answer to questions when they ask them or, if you have those people here, ask them to pay special attention to new posts in those forum headings so people can get a quicker answer when they post questions....new members tend to not wait around too long before they take their questions to a more quickly moving site where they can get a faster answer.

6. Careful moderation to avoid the mistakes of the past, if possible.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
If they are fresh, it's likely what they are serving in Heaven. ;) They quite literally almost melt in your mouth, they are that good. :drool

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ya'll might want to come to Texas and try Shipley's Doughnuts. They melt in your mouth.

I like 'Back to Basics' title.