New here...

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
my poor garden doesn't know what is going on! Last week we had hot humid weather- in the 90's... that's typical August weather. Since Saturday though, we've had either rain or just cold almost-drizzle. I'm hoping that last week wasn't summer and now we are moving into autumn already :lol:

I was pretty late getting things in, but I'm seeing the first few garbanzo pods filling in, and the kale is going like gangbusters.

KnightMare

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
That garden looks so much better now. I can tell what is growing in it. I poured about 7.5" of rain out of the gauge just the other day. I tend to leave it for a while to get an idea of the cumulative amount rather than the periodic volume. Had no idea it was that much particularly over such a short period of time.
My dog is now behaving much better. He got sent to "training school" for a few weeks and he is much more easily controlled. I like him a lot more now. I did get the "shock collar" that the trainer recommended...(NOT cheap) but if handled right really gets the job done. He taught me to turn it down really low and then turn it up just enough to notice a slight reaction but not cause pain. That works really well in getting him to do what you want. He is SOOO MUCH better now.
Summer has long days now. I drove home last night and could still see at 10 PM. Wow!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
We've been getting a ton of rain around here. :/

KnightMare

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Well, it has been quite a while since I've been able to get on line here. Work seems to trump every bit of fun possible. Weather turned hot this week. Not sure I want to tackle much of the outdoor work till that changes with the possible exception of doing some work in an air-conditioned environment.
Not much going on. The garden is making squash...and not much else. Some tomatoes and some peppers.
Other than that, not much to tell.
The world is in a total uproar. Seems that some folks here are quite concerned about WW III happening soon. Not sure that is true, but then not sure it isn't.
In either case, there isn't much I can do to stop it or change it so I guess I'll just take care of my self and surroundings and wait.
Any other suggestions? :cool:

jamescolon

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I am new to this forum but amazing things her to take interest and read.

KnightMare

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Stormy morning. Stayed dark till past 8:30 am. Storm woke me up at 6:15 am. Pretty wild one. Tore trees apart. Lots of wind and rain. Didn't hear the tornado siren though...and besides, where would I go?
It has been brutally hot for the past week; high 90's and very little wind. Plants were drying up so the rain is welcome.
We're just so vulnerable to the weather. Keeps you humble I guess.
Life is good though.
Not much happening today. Work, then work, and then work.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Sounds like my day...aside from the storm that is. It was hotter than a firecracker here though. Muggy hot...the worst kind, and I tossed watermelons most of the day out in it :D A lot of our stuff is drying up too, and I'M GLAD FOR IT! :p I'm tired of putting it up already :lol: