new section

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
No stupid questions! BYH is one of our 3 sister sites www.BackYardHerds.com (links at the very bottom of every page).

Regarding the new section: We'll think about it. If appropriate, it should maybe go on BYH, especially if there is a lot of interest.

NOTE: We don't want anybody to feel that they can't talk about things because others are giving them a hard time. If that's the case, report the posts and the forum staff (here or there) will look into it.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I have a question. To report something you hit the report button on a person's response right? What if it is almost the whole thread? Should I just keep hitting report on every response that bothers me? Will you evaluate the tone of the whole thread or threads? (I've only hit the report button once (a while back) and that was for just one person's response.)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, I forget about the report button. It's gonna get worn out on byh goats from now on....I was going to just leave that forum, as life is stressful enough, but if we all take appropriate action we can take back the streets. Time to call in the law! :p

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Are you going to report each comment, or what? I guess that is what is difficult for me, there are a ton of defensive/negative/sarcastic comments within one thread. I'm not talking about someone simply having a different opinion, that is fine with me, it is all the other mean stuff that is added and not necessary. You ask a question and never really get an answer until you have been raked through the coals.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Well, I just reported a bunch, but didn't go through all nine pages. I will report as I read from now on. It feels like being a tattle-tale, but hey, if that is what it takes, I will go against my instincts and run and tell mommy and daddy about the mean kids. :p

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I don't report.

That isn't me. I think in all my forums thru the years I reported like 3 times..LOL

SS can talk all farming of animals. I don't need (for me now) to go to BYH and report them. I don't care enough..LOL....I think this site is fine for me.

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
It if is a whole thread, click report on the first post. Just make sure to include as much detail as possible in the report so the staff know what you want them to do and why.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
thanks for the info Nifty

to pitch in my $0.02.... if it means anything. i have mostly stopped going over there b/c of the fevered pitch of a few. and i have just read the ugliest thing i've ever seen on any of these sites (which i generally love!). and yes i reported it.

i would love to see the BYH site be successful but i'm not sure the community over there is as welcoming as the others. in fact, for a while there i was sending nubies with general questions APOLOGIES for some of the attacks they were getting. i felt awful for the new folks who just wanted a quick answer - got tarred and feathered instead. i know, i know... not my job so i quit.

just some feedback. i'd love to see a more naturally-raised section without all the hubbub.

thanks
OFG

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Let's just get the mean ones locked and they will get tired of it and go away. Look how fast that one got locked once we started reporting. It works!

ETA: Almost identical discussions go on in sections other than goats, and there are no roaming bands of mean girls. Even if you don't like goats, please help balance this out. I really enjoy hearing what people are doing to manage their goats naturally, and I love discussing it here, but it would be very cool if there was a large group of people exchanging ideas on this. Sustainable methods, that is.