new section

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Well, since sustainable methods really falls under the ideals of the SS forum and most of us raise food animals for this purpose~why can't we have a section devoted to just this?

It seems to be a very large part of our lifestyle and we in this community seem to be able to share ideas without getting kicked in the teeth, so why in the world should we go next door for abuse when we can have the info here?

Animal husbandry in general should be a section in this forum, I've stated this from the start....we need to be able to freely discuss our livestock husbandry.

We all have such good info to share that it seems to get lost, degraded and downright discouraged on BYC and BYHs. We've found this to be true time after time and no such section ever materializes on those forums......but THIS forum is the perfect place for it!

Once and for all, can we please, please, please have a happy home for our animals? Nice and snug at SufficientSelf, where they belong! :fl :fl :fl

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well said, Bee.
There is a very different subset of people over here. I would not feel welcome even if our discussions were "allowed" I would know there are alot of people judging my methods. Plus, I do not want to go to multiple forums and search to find what I need. Just food for thought...:)

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First of all, your opinions are 'allowed'. It's the way differences are handled that's the problem, and they aren't being handled well on either side of the organic issue (and I am definitely on the organic side). Let me say we are working on this subject and I hope we have something concrete to offer soon.

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
Talking about new sections, where in the heck is the new rabbit section i saw last week..? I did a search on here, said "no results found"...!! thanks