New subs :)

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I call people like you Thumpers. We used to live one block from a 4 lane major highway. Thumpers would go down the road and I could feel my bones vibrating, sitting in my house!

I worked in welding shops and machine shops when I was younger, I don't like lots of noise now. I used to hunt and shoot a lot, but I went and got some ear muffs for the bang. Don't hunt now, 8 acres just ain't enough.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A friend of mine managed to overpower a "thumper" with Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyrie"... I wasn't there but it must have been amusing

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I call people like you Thumpers. We used to live one block from a 4 lane major highway. Thumpers would go down the road and I could feel my bones vibrating, sitting in my house!

I worked in welding shops and machine shops when I was younger, I don't like lots of noise now. I used to hunt and shoot a lot, but I went and got some ear muffs for the bang. Don't hunt now, 8 acres just ain't enough.

Don't know about "Thumpers" I'm just a old washed up has been rock -n roller bassist. I like my music loud - it kinda gives me the sense that I'm right there in the studio or onstage with the band. But I'm not sure you understand that?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah, I used to roll the windows down, let my hair fly and blast the radio for all it was worth. I'm a little hard of hearing now and my ears ring.....oh what the hell, life ain't no good if you ain't living it.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah, I used to roll the windows down, let my hair fly and blast the radio for all it was worth. I'm a little hard of hearing now and my ears ring.....oh what the hell, life ain't no good if you ain't living it.

I'm just a big kid... If I ever grow old, it'll be time to start pushing up daisies.

I don't know if you ever watched the twilight zone Kick The Can epesode or not. But even though totally fictional and vastly over the top. The message had a profound impact on the way I view my life in general.

"Maybe the Fountain of Youth isn't a fountain at all. Maybe it's a way of looking at things. A way of thinking."
Charles Whitley
Character In The Twilight Zone - Kick The Can"

I know kinda silly hu? But try it... Pop a big ole bowl.of pop corn and put the epesode on the big screen and watch it. See if it doesn't make you reexamine your way of thinking about things.

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
"Maybe the Fountain of Youth isn't a fountain at all. Maybe it's a way of looking at things. A way of thinking."
Charles Whitley
Character In The Twilight Zone - Kick The Can"
That's a pretty good one!

I heard another one last night on The Voice that I want to remember....by Billy Ray Cyrus, lol.

"Live life like there is no box." I sometimes need to be reminded of that!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's a pretty good one!

I heard another one last night on The Voice that I want to remember....by Billy Ray Cyrus, lol.

"Live life like there is no box." I sometimes need to be reminded of that!

That is a good one also even if it was by Billy Ray :lol I think in all honesty we all need to be reminded from time to time. I know when I start getting all "old" about something. I catch myself and think about it a little then I come to the conclusion that I'm thinking about it all wrong... I tell you one thing it keeps my stress level down that's for sure! A wise man once told me "if it's hard - it's wrong" I also try and live that day to day. Always more than one way to skin a cat.

I've been blessed to always have "wise" men in my life. All you gotta do is just sit back, listen and learn from these wise people.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My words of wisdom that I live by; I won't get old until I die and it will be too late to worry about it.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My husband of 21 years had a rock n' roll band, The Bobbies, back in his day.

I had to dig around on the internet to find anything about him, but I found a few things. Click on this link and scroll to the 4th paragraph. Click on Destroyed in blue. That's him.

http://www.sirshambling.com/articles/quinvy_4/index.php

And this was his hit song. He doesn't even have a copy of it anymore, someone made a video and posted it on you tube.

And I found this interview that he is mentioned in, Bobby Heathcote. He and his band toured with the Dick Clark Caravan of Stars. Since you seem to be from this same era or close to it, you might enjoy reading it.

http://home.unet.nl/kesteloo/in.html

He had to get out of the music business for health reasons. It was too stressful, he collapsed on stage and his doctor told him quit or die with a heart attack. He quit.

All this was before I ever knew him, but he still loves music. What you said about being an old rocker made me think about him and post what I could find on him for you to listen to.

Latest posts