New subs :)

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My husband of 21 years had a rock n' roll band, The Bobbies, back in his day.

I had to dig around on the internet to find anything about him, but I found a few things. Click on this link and scroll to the 4th paragraph. Click on Destroyed in blue. That's him.

http://www.sirshambling.com/articles/quinvy_4/index.php

And this was his hit song. He doesn't even have a copy of it anymore, someone made a video and posted it on you tube.

And I found this interview that he is mentioned in, Bobby Heathcote. He and his band toured with the Dick Clark Caravan of Stars. Since you seem to be from this same era or close to it, you might enjoy reading it.

http://home.unet.nl/kesteloo/in.html

He had to get out of the music business for health reasons. It was too stressful, he collapsed on stage and his doctor told him quit or die with a heart attack. He quit.

All this was before I ever knew him, but he still loves music. What you said about being an old rocker made me think about him and post what I could find on him for you to listen to.

Love 60's psychedelia - groovy. Thanks for posting this... Hope to meet you guys one of these days. You both sound like some fun people to be around.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah, we like to clown around.

IMG_0033.JPG

IMG_0031.JPG

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well i was over at my daughter's with my wife this evening. My daughter plays bass in a loud band and based the the brief conversation my daughter and wife had about my car stereo. I've decided I've taken it as far as I want to go for the time being...

My wife comments "I don't know how he can even hear after listening to that radio" my daughter's comments "Yeah I can't even see when he turns it up, everything becomes blurry, my teeth rattle and it makes my ribs hurt, not to.mention if you open up a window my hair flys all over the place" My comment... who needs a hair dryer? Just jump in the truck drop the bass and wham your hair is dry in one song but it's a tangled mess. Both my daughter and wife didn't find that funny. My daughter then said dad you ever heard of death bass? Well if you keep building that stereo out, that's what your gonna have death bass.

So I decided I'm done for now... 12 door speakers & two dual voice coil subwoofers really equals like 16 speakers in the cab of my truck. 1/0 welding cable rated at 350 amps to a 2600 watt class AB 6 channel amplifer to drive the 12 door speakers and a 2400 watt class D 2 channel amplifer to drive the 4 subwoofers voice coils is enough for now. But man I could go so much further... I must control my urge though :(

images.jpeg

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Why stop at filling up the cab of the truck? You still have the bed of the truck........:gig

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
OK, I opened this thread not really knowing what you were talking about. I'm not into listening to music like that. It's too loud and hurts my ears. To me, a sub is a sandwich and I was curious to see what kind of sub you got.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ok I am now convinced I have a serious problem... It wasn't what just a few days ago I said I'm done for a while...

So why is it that I just ordered a 3800 watt class D 2 channel amplifer to upgrade my perfectly working 2400 watt class D amplifier for my sub woofers?

Is there a bass heads anonymous or some support group I can join? I need some serious help!

Hi... my name is Creal Critter and I'm a bass head!

Last edited: