Newbie on Board

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Welcome all! Sounds as if our forum is becoming well-rounded and I can't wait to read your posts! Everyone's input is so very informative and valuable around here....thanks for sitting in and helping make this forum grow. I just know we're all going to have a lot of fun! :frow

love blrw

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
krjwaj said:
Lin and Karen,
I am from NJ originally, also; now in NC.

Karen, do you sell at the Raleigh Farmer's Market?

Lin, which part of NJ are you in? We moved from Monmouth County last summer.

Oh, and I am also a Karin ;)
Hi karen,
I am very close to Great Adventure, went to Monmouth University to start my Master's a few years ago and must finish someday. My daughter works in GA.
Glad to meet you, how do you like NC?
lin

love blrw

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Welcome all! Sounds as if our forum is becoming well-rounded and I can't wait to read your posts! Everyone's input is so very informative and valuable around here....thanks for sitting in and helping make this forum grow. I just know we're all going to have a lot of fun! :frow
Hello Beekissed,
I started reading some of the forums, you are very active, glad to meet you.
lin

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hi Lin

I sure know Great Adventure...went there a few times as a young'in

Your daughter works in GA? GA is a nice state..love to visit. What does she do there? Have you ever visited?

I love NC. Being a northerner, I am now a southerner...LOL...I love everything southern! People are wonderful and (even tho it is picking up in speed) it is still slower than the northern rat race..LOL

love blrw

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
Hi Lin

I sure know Great Adventure...went there a few times as a young'in

Your daughter works in GA? GA is a nice state..love to visit. What does she do there? Have you ever visited?

I love NC. Being a northerner, I am now a southerner...LOL...I love everything southern! People are wonderful and (even tho it is picking up in speed) it is still slower than the northern rat race..LOL
Oh NO....she works at Great Adventure not Georgia....Ha ha ha
I I am a jersey southerner....ha ....from south jersey.....we are a little slower than the northerners also....ha , (just act a little slower, just because they talk faster doesn't mean their minds are quicker)....
lin

krjwaj

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You guys are funny.

My mom grew up in Freehold and my sister lived there for a few years before moving to Virginia. I'm very familiar with Great Adventure; we had season passes for a few years.

Lin, good luck with your Masters Degree!!

I know a few people in Jackson that I worked with at JSUMC.

We've been in NC for just over one year and like it very much. We are actually driving up to NJ in August for a quick visit.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
HA HA HA
I should have known that Lin
GA for great adventure.....LOL-LOL

My mind was thinking southern and I thought of Georgia..HA HA HA

good for kids to work summers and such. might as well understand where money comes from cause wtih prices rising, they sure are going to need to earn a good bit to survive nowadays. I guess times are hard for all young kids to start out..thank goodness parents can help and give great work ethics and pass on frugal tips!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Your Mom grew up in Freehold?
WOW---we might have gone to school together. I am going on 48 now. COOL

I went to Freehold Boro High. It is truly a small world. I left to move to CT when I was 18 with my parents. Dad got a new job so I went, no ties in Jersey at that time.

I drove back to NJ many many times when I moved, but sadly things changed so much one time I couldn't even find my own old neighborhood....I lived in Briar (something)--lol--can't remember.....off Dutch Lane Road.....great place but now it is so changed it looks sooooo different. Apple orchards are now executive parks..ugh..LOL

love blrw

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Farmer Chick,
I grew up in Marlton area, and it was the same. I would go back and every year it would be different. I am sure parts of NC are the same way, Jersey is just smaller.

krjwaj,
I'm in Plumsted, next to Jackson. I had season passes when the kids were younger. We used to go all day to the kiddie water park when they were very young, then as they got older we used to ride the roller coasters all day. Then they built Hurricane Harbor so we did that. Now they are too old to be seen with their very square and opinionated mother! Ha!

lin