NH Homesteader's first kidding season!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I had a polled doe once but she was a pet, too old to breed when I got her.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If I was a smart farmer.... I would sell Clifford. He is now related to 3/5 does at my farm. But I am not a smart farmer. I'm rather attached to the smelly dude. Instead I will buy more does to breed him to.... I see how it works now! Lol!

But seriously if I fall for the GG's, I'm going to want a GG buck. But I also need another smallish buck (pygmy or Nigie) to breed to the girls Clifford is related to. DH does not want 3 bucks. I'd better start making money with these goats... Before I get in trouble lol!!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Woohoo, goat math in action! ;)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well Mimosa is due in a little over a week. We're going to take down the divider between the two kidding stalls and let her and her sister be in there together. Her sister flips out when we separate them.

Unfortunately Clifford is going to be alone until his wether pal is big enough to hang out. Which might be when we get our GG's... Then Lucy (doeling we're keeping) will have the GG's as friends and won't be alone. I need to milk her mom so she won't be with the big girls!

Was going to start milking this week, but life happened. Love dam raising! Lol

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Well done, girl! :celebrate Pics, pics, pics, please?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
She's a rock star too, acting like nothing even happened! Think we might raise the buck for food, depending on what the last doe throws.

DH set up the warming barrel. Have to go check on them soon, inside with sick human baby right now.