NH Homesteader's journal

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I love foxes--out in the woods. I don't love them in my chicken coop.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ok.... I must confess. I've been keeping a secret from (most of) you.... But after a good appt today it's time to confess- I'm pregnant! 11+ weeks. Due in February!

Do you understand why my garden is a mess of weeds? I'M SO TIRED!!! And I can't lift over 25 lbs, so my DH has been doing more than his fair share of farm work the past 6 weeks or so.

Did I mention I'm exhausted?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
WooHoo!! Such great news! I'm so excited for you! :weee And, now you will understand when we tell you to take it easy, get lotsa rest, ask DH for help, and teach DD to sleep late, lol!!!

Now, get some rest!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Actually DD does sleep late. It's awesome! And thank you! DH is awesome but I feel bad because he works and comes home and does even more work! But I can still do all the normal daily chores, just not the heavy lifting.

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Congrats NH!!!
I don't know how I could handle working the farm while being pregnant - and we don't even have anything going on here yet.
How old is your DD?

Last week I found out my sister and my friend were pregnant! (they actually even told me on the same day lol) One due in January and the other in February :)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks! Well I'm not doing nearly as much in the garden as I would like to. And I'm not milking the goats at the moment so it's not too bad. My daughter will be 5 in October.

Too cool about your sister and friend! I am due between January 30 and February 6th depending on who you ask. I was told to stick with February though.

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I did nothing in my little garden when I was pregnant. Though to be fair he was born in June

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ugh - it just hit me - February! Snow and water hauling season...nope...you can't do it! I absolutely forbid it, lol.

(like anybody ever listens to me...)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah DH promised to buy my goats heated water buckets. The pigs will be gone, so we'll just have the goats, chickens and turkeys. I might take the lazy route and let Clifford live with the ladies through the winter.

It's good timing though really, gives me a few months before kidding and garden season!