NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol! When I go in the woods I might bring a gun, but these are right on the edge of the yard. Always have my dogs with me. The bears don't usually like to be around people and dogs so it isn't (usually) an issue during the day. At night they seem to be a little more brave. I don't mind sharing, there's enough to go around!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Me <--- is afraid of bears. Don't like them one bit... that why I carry a .45. After being married to the same woman for 32 years, I should be afraid of her more than a bear - bears don't hit you over the head with a cast iron skillet... She swings a mean one.

Last edited:

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I carry a .40, DH carries a .45. Pretty much same reason! And coyotes.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sickness is easing up, thanks! Randomly feel sick but it's more often at night. The crazy fatigue is getting (slowly) better. 12 weeks tomorrow, it's about that time!

Last week when I saw the fox, I ran to get the shotgun and I thought... Isn't this a country song? Barefoot, pregnant and chasing a fox with a shotgun... Oh my!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sickness is easing up, thanks! Randomly feel sick but it's more often at night. The crazy fatigue is getting (slowly) better. 12 weeks tomorrow, it's about that time!

Last week when I saw the fox, I ran to get the shotgun and I thought... Isn't this a country song? Barefoot, pregnant and chasing a fox with a shotgun... Oh my!

You got a bun in the oven - most excellent. Congrats