NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH worked on cleaning up the yard some, unloaded some of the barn walls, and mowing today. I did some cleaning and boring stuff. Then we tackled the goats and weighed everyone, dewormed and gave probiotics. It's been so wet and hot (for NH!) here. Oh and gave Clifford his CDT shot. And I cleaned and vaccuumed my Jeep, which was full of little pieces of hay, great fun to try to clean! Now I am tired.

DH's friend said he wanted our turkeys like weeks ago and still hasn't come to get them (he has to build a hoop coop first). He's about to get a, come get them in the next 3 days or they're going in my freezer, kind of chat. I have no patience for this type of stuff. DH is too nice. We are being nice and helping him out by giving him 3 free turkeys, they would go for $75 for the 3 of them, easy. And he can't be bothered? I seriously need the spot they're currently living in for chickens so, let's go!

Oh and a chick went missing today. DH spotted a hawk trying to take something later in the day, we figure it got the chick and came back for more. Grrrr...

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well he's keeping them, we're giving him 2 hens and a tom we hatched this year. So free eggs and future meat, yes. If he was going to eat them we wouldn't give them away. They're cool birds. They're just not what we want. We're focusing on our chocolates and these hens beat the snot out of our chocolate hens (they're much more docile birds, part of the reason I like them so much). They're fine amongst their crazy selves though! Haha

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Ah yeah that kinda makes a difference I guess...still though...that's flaky.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
0730171946.jpg
0730172018a-1.jpg
Look, we have walls! These are some of them anyway. The rest are in a pile elsewhere.