NH Homesteader's journal

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A girl! We have 3 grand daughters and adore them. Have you picked out a name yet?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Spent the day shopping with DH. Not the kind of shopping I want to do, lol. We went to Home Depot, which is miserable to do with him because it takes an hour to get one thing. Anyway he got everything he needed to finish installing the shower and paint the shelves he built in the bathroom. Then the feed store, you know the place we spend most of our money... Then we had to get a new coffee pot because ours died and no one wants to live with my DH if he can't have coffee!

Now I'm exhausted because standing around on concrete floors all day is awesome with sciatica. Ah well

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh yuck - HD is not my favorite place unless it's to get something that I want, lol. DH can spend forever in there looking at stuff that he will never use... ugh. I hear ya on the concrete floors.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I walked around with sticker shock... Amazing how expensive that place is!! Also, we left DD with my mom and I'm glad because they had super huge creepy Halloween decorations that like yelled stuff at you when you walked by. I was annoyed as a parent and annoyed for anyone who has PTSD because it was a bit much.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh and there was someone shopping with a mini horse in the feed store today. It made my day. It was adorable! Also made me laugh cause.... Really? You brought your horse in the store?

Weirdest part is the employees who found this totally normal and informed me he was there to pick out his treats.

Also DH grew up with crazy people who brought horses in the house all the time, so he thought this was pretty normal too. Lol