NH Homesteader's journal

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
HA! I did bring a horse in the house once! Just barely got his feet in the front door but this crazy horse had a habit of doing everything I asked him to do. One time we were standing on the edge of the bayou and there was about a six foot drop down to the water. I thought I'd be silly and pretend we were going to jump off the edge...he did! :ep Like to never have found a place for him to climb out....geeze! Best horse I ever owned!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My husband had a horse that would do anything he asked him to. Only for him though, he messed with people a lot other than DH. If the horse was scared of something DH would walk across in front of him and he would follow. The only time they weren't friends was when he had him gelded. For over 2 weeks when DH went to feed him, he would turn his back on him lol

Yeah the first time I had dinner with DH's family (back in high school, we dated back then and split up for years and found each other again), his dad was sitting at the dinner table with a goose under his arm, sharing his wine glass. I was horrified.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My best friend in my teen years was an Appaloosa mare. I brought her in the house all the time, but my parents didn't know it. She hung out in the kitchen with me while I fixed breakfast, then we'd go riding. She could climb stairs, do anything I asked.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My husband did say he's had horses drink that way. We always feed our pigs a beer the night before we butcher them. One got a hold of one our friend set down in the pen one day, and she would get all excitable when anyone drank near her lol

My alano was due for her rabies shot, and my mom wanted to get her cats vaccinated so we loaded all of them up and headed to the Tractor Supply clinic. I was so proud of Clara, she was so good! She did pee all over the floor though, lol. Then got home and moved houses/fencing (well DH moved houses, I'm not crazy) and introduced Clifford to the girls. I know it's early but they are not letting him near them so it'll be a while before he gets anyone. He wants to though, and he is definitely tall enough for the smaller two does. Not sure about the biggest, she hates him lol. And worst thing that'll happen is I have early babies and I buy a couple of those fancy safe heat lamps.

Eating pizza in a minute, then headed out to put up a temporary chicken fence before my rooster meets his demise.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
OK, I still have a lot of minis!! Mine have gone to nursing homes & stores with great results. I sold a mare to a lady years back who let her in the house all the time. She had a rug at the end of a couch where she liked to lay and she'd go to the sliding patio door to be let out & in. I've had them in my house before. Once I took one to a event in a limo! What a hoot! All planned...:cool:

They do learn to hold it and let you know they need a potty break, if they are used for such events. Besides, they generally want to christen the clean trailer, so are pretty empty at arrival.:lol:

Yes, I still remember my first horse!!! LOVED that guy.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
WooHoo! Go Clifford! Glad Clara was good. So much better that she pee on Tractor Supply floor than yours, lol!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Clifford knows what his job is at 5 months old... He'll be a good buck for us I hope. Our Nigie HATES him thus far. My other girls don't get it yet- but she knows why he's there and she's angry!! Lol

I just realized my other dog's vaccination expires in November. I was sure it was next year... Ugh. He's not good in public at all, he's dog aggressive and can slip a harness. DH will accompany me on that trip. I can't wait to have a vet do farm calls and deal with the dogs here!