NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol well he loves goat cheese and I like shooting (not that I ever have time for it), so really it's a win-win! I offered turkeys, he wants guns.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well she'll sell them bred for an extra $100, with buck service memos so kids will be registerable. Can't blame her for charging extra, lots of work and paperwork when she's downsizing because of how much work it is, and she's not breeding her own does until late winter. Have to talk to DH, but I like the idea of not putting all my faith in little Mr. Clifford, and knowing someone will have kids and milk in the spring! Unregistered bred does go for $300 here (about the same for dry registered does, and up) so $200 for a bred, registered doe is good. Guess DH might be getting a bigger gun? Lol

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH's friend dropped off the pig we are supposed to butcher. Uh, my husband is horrible at guessing pig weights. This thing is tiny. When he gets home I am going to try to convince him to keep her for a month. He thought she was 200lb, I think she looks closer to 150. Still got a good deal but... Awful small pig.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Geeze this is why I need to go places with him, lol. DD wants to keep her, like forever. Uhhh noooooo! And he put her within eyesight of my gilt, who is MAD, and trying to go over her fence to check out the intruder!

Why is my husband never home at the right times??

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ok. DH said pay to have the does bred. Also he just ran down to his other friend's house to see if he can borrow a couple hog panels to fence in the piggie so we can raise her for a bit.

Now I just have to convince him to butcher some chickens tomorrow and my missions for the weekend will be accomplished!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
1015171001a-1.jpg
New piggie.

Chickens going next weekend. Today DH is doing some random puttering around and then we'll work on getting the chicken coops set up for winter. And temporarily fence them in the garden.

Latest posts